By Mary Higgins Clark
While Dr. Susan Chandler makes a decision to exploit her day-by-day radio speak convey to discover the phenomenon of ladies who disappear and are later stumbled on to became sufferers of killers who prey at the lonely and insecure, she has no concept that she is exposing herself—and these closest to her—to the very terror that she hopes to warn others against.
Susan units out to figure out who's liable for an test at the lifetime of a lady who known as in to the express delivering info at the mysterious disappearance from a cruise send, years ahead of, of Regina Clausen, a filthy rich funding consultant. quickly Susan unearths herself in a race opposed to time, for not just does the killer stalk those lonely girls, yet he turns out motive on disposing of a person who can in all likelihood extra Susan's investigation.
As her seek intensifies, Susan unearths herself faced with the belief that one of many males who've develop into very important figures in her existence could truly be the killer. And as she will get towards uncovering his id, she realizes nearly too past due that the hunter has turn into the hunted. Is she the subsequent one marked for homicide?
Read or Download You Belong to Me PDF
Best suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, town that became its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the dying of a tender woman, she needs to keep on with the twisting leads and music the unusual information in an effort to make the useless speak-and to bare the unhappy fact which may be greater than even she will be able to undergo.
A farmhouse destroyed by way of fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader medical expert and consulting pathologist for the federal legislations enforcement organisation ATF, is termed out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed through hearth. within the ruins of the home she reveals a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The hearth has come even as one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric health center. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't really, for Carrie has began to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, element of starting place is Patricia Cornwell at her such a lot magnificent.
A mystery govt unit, a bunch of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide nobody else can crack
Though haunted through the hot deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow understands that the dwelling dedicate the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her palms filled with secret and bloodshed.
But one project calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a ancient mansion in New Orleans's French area, a senator's spouse falls to her demise. such a lot imagine she jumped; a few say she used to be driven. And but others think she was once beckoned via the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the location of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this probably unsolvable case, just one factor is bound: even if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will solid Jackson and Angela into possibility of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the other halves of a number of famous businessmen have disappeared with out a hint, abandoning just a black rose and a observe with an easy message: "Gone, yet now not Forgotten. "
· a similar sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's element, ny, ten years ago--but the killer used to be stuck, the case was once closed and the unique "rose killer" activity strength used to be disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has won nationwide attractiveness as a feminist safeguard lawyer, is retained by means of multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's element Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" activity strength, hasn't slept a whole evening in ten years, haunted by means of nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, remains to be available in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district legal professional, attempting to make experience of the unexpected sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the kingdom, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the USA has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the following leader Justice of the superb court docket. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there aren't any skeletons in his closet.
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy, Book 1)
- Still Summer
- See No Evil (No Evil Trilogy, Book 2)
- Motive (Alex Delaware, Book 30)
- Vertical Burn
Extra info for You Belong to Me
De Sade turned. One of the smart suits stood there, the guy. “And you’d want to know because, why? ” The man smiled and produced his badge. “FBI Special Agent Davies, New York Field Office. ” De Sade knew he was on shaky ground if it came to a jurisdictional fight, serial killings often became the province of the FBI. Davies understood the situation too. ” That was encouraging, de Sade thought. So what did they really want? The second victim, Emily Johannsen had pointed them in the direction of a Russian connection.
Agent Ward mentioned it earlier. You’re suggesting that he signs his own signature to the murders, that’s quite a jump. Kind of like holding up his hand and saying ‘look, everybody, this is my handiwork’. It’s too pat, too easy. ” “Wait until you meet him, he’s an arrogant son of a bitch. He thinks he’s cleverer than all of us, he can do whatever he wants. Look at Dennis Rader, another arrogant SOB, he was undone by his arrogance. ” De Sade remembered the case. Rader couldn’t stand someone else taking his credit.
It also worked away some of the tension of the day. De Sade finished off with a hard twenty minutes on the treadmill and rinsed off the last of the day’s woes in an ice-cold shower. Then he settled in his armchair with a book and another Schneider Kristall beer. It was a book about chess, or rather about a chess player. It was time to beat Samuel Aaronssen at his own game, maybe Fischer had some tips for him. The book was entitled ‘Endgame, Bobby Fischer’s Remarkable Rise and Fall’. Supposedly it unlocked the mind of the chess wizard, what made the eccentric genius tick and more importantly, what his winning secrets were.