By Ken Follett
“An adrenaline-pumping thriller”(Associated Press) from the number one New York Times bestselling author—first time in alternate paperback.
A lacking canister of a dangerous virus. A lab technician bleeding from the eyes. Toni Gallo, the protection director of a Scottish clinical study enterprise, is familiar with she has difficulties, yet she has no notion of the nightmare to come.
As a Christmas Eve snowfall whips out of the north, numerous humans, Toni between them, converge on a distant family members condominium. All have whatever to achieve or lose from the drug constructed to struggle the virus. because the hurricane worsens, the emotional sparks—jealousies, mistrust, sexual allure, and rivalries—crackle, with determined secrets and techniques printed, and hidden traitors and unforeseen heroes emerge. full of startling twists at each flip, Whiteout rockets Follett right into a type via himself.
Read Online or Download Whiteout PDF
Best suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, the town that grew to become its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the dying of a tender lady, she needs to stick to the twisting leads and tune the unusual info which will make the lifeless speak-and to bare the unhappy fact that could be greater than even she will undergo.
A farmhouse destroyed through fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader health worker and consulting pathologist for the federal legislations enforcement company ATF, is named out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed through fireplace. within the ruins of the home she reveals a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The hearth has come even as one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric health facility. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't really, for Carrie has started to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, element of foundation is Patricia Cornwell at her such a lot astounding.
A mystery executive unit, a bunch of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide not anyone else can crack
Though haunted by way of the hot deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow is familiar with that the residing devote the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her palms filled with secret and bloodshed.
But one task calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a ancient mansion in New Orleans's French area, a senator's spouse falls to her dying. so much imagine she jumped; a few say she was once driven. And but others think she used to be beckoned via the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the location of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this doubtless unsolvable case, just one factor is bound: no matter if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will solid Jackson and Angela into probability of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the other halves of a number of well-known businessmen have disappeared with no hint, abandoning just a black rose and a be aware with an easy message: "Gone, yet now not Forgotten. "
· an analogous sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's element, long island, ten years ago--but the killer was once stuck, the case used to be closed and the detailed "rose killer" activity strength used to be disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has received nationwide attractiveness as a feminist protection lawyer, is retained through multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's element Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" job strength, hasn't slept an entire evening in ten years, haunted via nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, continues to be in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district legal professional, attempting to make experience of the unexpected sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the kingdom, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the U.S. has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the subsequent leader Justice of the preferrred court docket. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there aren't any skeletons in his closet.
- Her Secret Weapon (A Year of Loving Dangerously, Book 4)
- No Rest for the Dead
- Tess Gerritsen's Rizzoli & Isles 8-Book Bundle: The Surgeon; The Apprentice; The Sinner; Body Double; Vanish; The Mephisto Club; The Keepsake; Ice Cold (Rizzoli & Isles, Books 1–8)
Additional resources for Whiteout
Well," I said. "I ain't sure I can agree with you, Myra. I mean, I ain't saying you're wrong but I ain't saying you're right, either. Anyways, even if I am stupid, you can't hardly fault me for it. " "You're not only stupid but you're spineless," she said. " "Well, looky," I said. " "Listen to him! " she said. "As if he didn't know why! " Well, that made me kind of sore, you know. She was always saying I'd raped her, and it always made me kind of sore. I couldn't really argue about her saying!
The two pimps were there, right where I thought they'd be. They were sitting down with their backs to the mooring posts, a dimmed lantern and a jug of whiskey between them. They looked at me owl-eyed as I came in out of the darkness, and then the one named Curly, a kind of dude-ish fella with kinky scalp-tight hair, shook a finger at me. "Now, Nick, you know you're not supposed to come over here but once a week. " "That's right," said the one named Moose. "Fact is, we're bein' mighty generous to let you come here at all.
Or I guess you don't know either. Because you don't know Myra, which makes you about as lucky as a person can get. Anyways, she turned over on her back all of a sudden, and opened her eyes. " I told her I was getting ready to take a trip over to the county where Ken Lacey was sheriff. I'd probably be gone until late that night,! said, and we'd probably get real lonesome for each other, so maybe we ought to get together first. " she said, almost spitting the word at me. " "Well," I said. "I kind of thought maybe you might.