By Mary Higgins Clark
During this suspense novel a tender and revered surgeon is brutally murdered. His spouse, Molly, has no reminiscence of the evening she used to be alleged to have killed him, and he or she persuades Fran Simmons, an investigative reporter, to investigate the case.
Read Online or Download We'll Meet Again PDF
Similar suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, town that grew to become its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the dying of a tender woman, she needs to keep on with the twisting leads and song the unusual info as a way to make the lifeless speak-and to bare the unhappy fact that could be greater than even she will undergo.
A farmhouse destroyed by means of fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader health worker and consulting pathologist for the federal legislation enforcement service provider ATF, is named out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed by means of hearth. within the ruins of the home she reveals a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The fireplace has come even as one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric clinic. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't, for Carrie has began to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, element of foundation is Patricia Cornwell at her so much extraordinary.
A mystery govt unit, a gaggle of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide not anyone else can crack
Though haunted through the hot deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow is aware that the dwelling devote the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her arms packed with secret and bloodshed.
But one task calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a ancient mansion in New Orleans's French sector, a senator's spouse falls to her dying. such a lot imagine she jumped; a few say she used to be driven. And but others think she was once beckoned by way of the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the positioning of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this probably unsolvable case, just one factor is sure: no matter if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will solid Jackson and Angela into probability of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the better halves of a number of trendy businessmen have disappeared with out a hint, forsaking just a black rose and a word with an easy message: "Gone, yet now not Forgotten. "
· the same sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's aspect, manhattan, ten years ago--but the killer was once stuck, the case used to be closed and the detailed "rose killer" job strength used to be disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has received nationwide attractiveness as a feminist safety lawyer, is retained through multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's element Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" job strength, hasn't slept an entire evening in ten years, haunted via nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, continues to be in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district legal professional, attempting to make experience of the surprising sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the nation, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the USA has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the following leader Justice of the superb courtroom. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there aren't any skeletons in his closet.
Extra resources for We'll Meet Again
Not by the facts, but by his own instincts. Presumed Guilty 55 Logic, evidence, told him that Miranda Wood was the killer. Why did he have such a hard time believing it? The doubts had started a week ago, in that police station hallway. He’d watched the whole interrogation. He’d heard her denials, her lame explanations. He hadn’t been swayed. But when they’d come face-to-face in the hall, and she’d looked him straight in the eye, he’d felt the first stirrings of doubt. Would a murderess meet his gaze so unflinchingly?
His employees, for instance. ” “Yes. ” She let out a deep breath, as though relieved that the most painful part of her confession was finished. ” “I felt more…betrayed. ” “So for a month you walked around mad at Mr. ” “Sometimes. Mostly I felt stupid. And then he wouldn’t 38 Tess Gerritsen leave me alone. ” She looked up sharply. ” “No! ” She was sobbing now, screaming out her denials. The sound of her own voice echoed like some alien cry in that stark box of a room. She dropped her head into her hands and leaned forward on the table.
No more hysterics since that day at the police station. She looked cool and in control, which is how he’d always remembered her from their childhood. Evelyn the ice queen. “There’s the matter of the fingerprints,” said Tibbetts. ” asked Chase. ” “That’s the problem. The knife handle was wiped clean. Now, that doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Here’s this crime of passion, see? She uses her own knife. Pure impulse. ” “She must be brighter than you think,” Evelyn said, sniffing. ” asked Chase. “The suspect herself.