By James Patterson
D.C. Detective Alex pass has obvious loads of crime scenes. yet even he's appalled by way of the grotesque murders of 2 joggers in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park - killings that glance extra just like the paintings of savage beasts than people. neighborhood police are horrified or even the FBI is baffled. Then, as go is named in to tackle the case, the carnage takes to the air, leaving a path of our bodies throughout the United States and sweeping him to Savannah, Las Vegas, New Orleans, l. a. . . as his nemesis, the cruel legal often called the Mastermind, stalks him, scoffs him, and once more, threatens every thing he holds dear...
Read or Download Violets Are Blue (Alex Cross, Book 7) PDF
Best suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, town that became its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the demise of a tender woman, she needs to stick to the twisting leads and tune the unusual info for you to make the useless speak-and to bare the unhappy fact which may be greater than even she will be able to endure.
A farmhouse destroyed via fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader health worker and consulting pathologist for the federal legislations enforcement company ATF, is termed out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed through hearth. within the ruins of the home she unearths a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The hearth has come even as one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric health center. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't really, for Carrie has began to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, aspect of starting place is Patricia Cornwell at her such a lot awesome.
A mystery govt unit, a bunch of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide not anyone else can crack
Though haunted via the new deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow is aware that the residing devote the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her palms choked with secret and bloodshed.
But one task calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a historical mansion in New Orleans's French area, a senator's spouse falls to her demise. so much imagine she jumped; a few say she was once driven. And but others think she was once beckoned via the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the positioning of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this doubtless unsolvable case, just one factor is sure: even if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will solid Jackson and Angela into risk of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the other halves of numerous well-liked businessmen have disappeared with no hint, forsaking just a black rose and a word with an easy message: "Gone, yet no longer Forgotten. "
· the same sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's aspect, long island, ten years ago--but the killer used to be stuck, the case was once closed and the certain "rose killer" job strength used to be disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has received nationwide reputation as a feminist security lawyer, is retained through multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's element Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" job strength, hasn't slept an entire evening in ten years, haunted by means of nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, continues to be available in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district legal professional, attempting to make feel of the surprising sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the nation, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the USA has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the subsequent leader Justice of the splendid courtroom. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there aren't any skeletons in his closet.
- The Sinner (Rizzoli & Isles, Book 3)
- The Face-Changers (Jane Whitefield, Book 4)
- If There Be Thorns (Dollanganger, Book 3)
- Secret Prey (Lucas Davenport, Book 9)
Additional info for Violets Are Blue (Alex Cross, Book 7)
A makeshift stone table had lost one leg and leaned awkwardly in one corner. A metal chair, old and rusted, rested on its side against a wood-reinforced dirt and rock wall. Two tunnels branched off the room—one narrow like the tunnel she’d come from; the other a bit wider with a metal track laid on the ground, disappearing into the dark beyond the scope of her light. An old mining cart with metal wheels sat at the end of the line. She couldn’t go farther into the mine without putting herself at great risk, as well as worry Sean while he was injured topside.
Lucy—” A deep, male voice said, “Sean, I have equipment in my truck to get both of you back up. ” It was useless to argue. How else was he going to get out of this pit? He just didn’t want Lucy to see him like this. But of course Lucy could handle it. She could handle anything life handed her. Even him in this condition. He just … hell, he didn’t know what he was thinking. The pain was making him stupid. He closed his eyes again. He thought he heard Lucy talking, but it was far away. “Sean? Hang tight.
I just can’t figure out why. I wasn’t raised in Spruce Lake. ” “He left five years ago, when he went to college. ” Five years was nothing for someone dead set on revenge. “We need to talk to him,” Lucy said. Tim turned off the road onto a two-lane highway. Two miles north was the main road into the town of Spruce Lake, but Tim turned south. ” When Tim turned onto the logging road, he slowed down as the truck bounced over rocks, branches, and potholes. Lucy spotted an ATV partly hidden in the trees, about twenty feet down from the logging entrance.