By Lynette Eason
Samantha funds is the FBI's mystery weapon. Her equipment are invisible, and he or she by no means stops till the case is closed. whilst lacking young people commence turning up lifeless in a small Southern city, Samantha is assigned to aid neighborhood leader Connor Wolfe locate the killer. And he has issues of that. There's her faith--in God and herself. after which there's the truth that she appears to be like precisely like his past due wife.
As they get just about a solution, the case turns into own. The killer appears to be like taking an curiosity in Connor's 16-year-old daughter, who thinks her dad is getting manner too protecting. Can't a lady simply have a few fun?
Too just about domestic ratchets up the suspense with every one web page, and may have readers cheering for the characters they love as justice is served and love grows even within the face of risk. learn this one with the lighting on!
Read or Download Too Close to Home (Women of Justice, Book 1) PDF
Best suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, the town that grew to become its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the dying of a tender woman, she needs to persist with the twisting leads and song the unusual info in an effort to make the useless speak-and to bare the sorrowful fact that could be greater than even she will be able to endure.
A farmhouse destroyed via fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader medical expert and consulting pathologist for the federal legislation enforcement business enterprise ATF, is named out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed via hearth. within the ruins of the home she unearths a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The hearth has come whilst one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric medical institution. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't really, for Carrie has started to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, aspect of foundation is Patricia Cornwell at her such a lot staggering.
A mystery govt unit, a bunch of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide not anyone else can crack
Though haunted by means of the new deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow is aware that the residing dedicate the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her fingers choked with secret and bloodshed.
But one project calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a historical mansion in New Orleans's French sector, a senator's spouse falls to her dying. such a lot imagine she jumped; a few say she used to be driven. And but others think she used to be beckoned via the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the positioning of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this likely unsolvable case, just one factor is sure: even if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will solid Jackson and Angela into threat of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the other halves of a number of favorite businessmen have disappeared with out a hint, abandoning just a black rose and a observe with an easy message: "Gone, yet now not Forgotten. "
· the same sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's aspect, big apple, ten years ago--but the killer was once stuck, the case was once closed and the exact "rose killer" activity strength was once disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has received nationwide acceptance as a feminist safety legal professional, is retained by means of multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's aspect Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" activity strength, hasn't slept a whole evening in ten years, haunted by means of nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, remains to be available in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district legal professional, attempting to make experience of the surprising sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the nation, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the USA has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the following leader Justice of the preferrred court docket. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there aren't any skeletons in his closet.
- Falling Under
- Flesh and Blood (Alex Delaware, Book 15)
- Cinq filles, trois cadavres mais plus de volant
- The Circle
Extra resources for Too Close to Home (Women of Justice, Book 1)
Don't bet on it," one of his buddies called, laughing. The Babe Man good-naturedly gave him the finger then turned back to Sachs. Which is when her pager beeped and she looked down to see Lincoln Rhyme's number on the screen. The word "URGENT" appeared after it. "Gotta go," she said. " he asked, a fake pout on his handsome face. " She made a pistol with her index finger and thumb and aimed it at him. "Bang, bang," she said. And trotted toward her yellow Camaro. Chapter Three This is a school?
Okay, Officer," he said, "we'll write up our results and they'll be attached to your review. " Consulting his notebook. "Your threat assessment regarding civilians and officers was perfect. Calls for backup were timely and appropriate. Your deployment of personnel negated any chance the perpetrators would escape from the containment situation and yet minimized exposure. You called the illegal drug search right. And getting the personal information from the one suspect for the hostage negotiator was a nice touch.
He leaned closer to the woman, squinting, wondering if he could see some essence, some spirit rising from her body. He didn't. He straightened up, considering what else he might do to the still form in front of him. • • • You’re sure it was screaming? No," the security guard said. "Maybe not screaming, you know. Shouting. Upset. For just a second or two. " The heavy guard, breathing hard, glanced at the tall, brunette policewoman, shook his head and flexed and opened his huge hands. He wiped his dark palms on his blue slacks.