By David Poyer
After surviving the assaults on September eleven, 2001, Dan Lenson reveals himself speedy drawn right into a covert SEAL workforce looking for the terrorists in charge. Their undertaking: kill Osama Bin Laden.
On the morning of September eleven, 2001, Commander Dan Lenson is vacationing the Pentagon, and his spouse is at a task interview on the global alternate heart. within the action-packed scenes that keep on with, Dan fights his manner via flames and destruction to safeguard, and attempts to arrive his spouse on her cellular phone, however the terrifying few seconds sooner than they're bring to an end do not anything to calm his fears.
Dan instantly turns into keen on the army response to the assault. His SEAL group is assigned to activity strength Rhino, a undertaking that takes him to Afghanistan and the borders of Pakistan to be able to search out, catch, or kill Osama bin weighted down and different senior individuals of the Taliban govt and al Qaeda management.
The thirteenth Dan Lenson novel, The Towers is an interesting, actual depiction of the occasions of September eleven and the army reaction, expert by means of resources within the military, the SEALS, the NCIS, and the author's personal army adventure. choked with fast moving sequences and heart-pumping drama, David Poyer takes the reader into the guts of the motion and face-to-face with the terrorist enemy.
Read Online or Download The Towers (Dan Lenson, Book 13) PDF
Similar suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, town that grew to become its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the demise of a tender lady, she needs to persist with the twisting leads and music the unusual info which will make the useless speak-and to bare the unhappy fact that could be greater than even she will endure.
A farmhouse destroyed via fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader health worker and consulting pathologist for the federal legislation enforcement enterprise ATF, is termed out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed via hearth. within the ruins of the home she unearths a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The fireplace has come whilst one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric medical institution. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't really, for Carrie has all started to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, element of beginning is Patricia Cornwell at her so much miraculous.
A mystery govt unit, a bunch of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide not anyone else can crack
Though haunted by way of the hot deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow is aware that the dwelling dedicate the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her fingers filled with secret and bloodshed.
But one project calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a ancient mansion in New Orleans's French zone, a senator's spouse falls to her demise. so much imagine she jumped; a few say she was once driven. And but others think she was once beckoned by means of the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the positioning of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this probably unsolvable case, just one factor is bound: no matter if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will solid Jackson and Angela into threat of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the other halves of numerous widespread businessmen have disappeared with no hint, forsaking just a black rose and a notice with an easy message: "Gone, yet no longer Forgotten. "
· a similar sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's aspect, big apple, ten years ago--but the killer was once stuck, the case used to be closed and the distinctive "rose killer" activity strength was once disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has won nationwide acceptance as a feminist protection legal professional, is retained through multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's element Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" job strength, hasn't slept a whole evening in ten years, haunted by way of nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, continues to be in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district legal professional, attempting to make experience of the unexpected sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the kingdom, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the U.S. has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the following leader Justice of the preferrred courtroom. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there aren't any skeletons in his closet.
- Blasphemy (Wyman Ford, Book 2)
- The Girl of the Sea of Cortez
- Hangman (Peter Decker & Rina Lazarus, Book 19)
- Don't Cry
- Slow Heat in Heaven
Extra info for The Towers (Dan Lenson, Book 13)
A makeshift stone table had lost one leg and leaned awkwardly in one corner. A metal chair, old and rusted, rested on its side against a wood-reinforced dirt and rock wall. Two tunnels branched off the room—one narrow like the tunnel she’d come from; the other a bit wider with a metal track laid on the ground, disappearing into the dark beyond the scope of her light. An old mining cart with metal wheels sat at the end of the line. She couldn’t go farther into the mine without putting herself at great risk, as well as worry Sean while he was injured topside.
Lucy—” A deep, male voice said, “Sean, I have equipment in my truck to get both of you back up. ” It was useless to argue. How else was he going to get out of this pit? He just didn’t want Lucy to see him like this. But of course Lucy could handle it. She could handle anything life handed her. Even him in this condition. He just … hell, he didn’t know what he was thinking. The pain was making him stupid. He closed his eyes again. He thought he heard Lucy talking, but it was far away. “Sean? Hang tight.
I just can’t figure out why. I wasn’t raised in Spruce Lake. ” “He left five years ago, when he went to college. ” Five years was nothing for someone dead set on revenge. “We need to talk to him,” Lucy said. Tim turned off the road onto a two-lane highway. Two miles north was the main road into the town of Spruce Lake, but Tim turned south. ” When Tim turned onto the logging road, he slowed down as the truck bounced over rocks, branches, and potholes. Lucy spotted an ATV partly hidden in the trees, about twenty feet down from the logging entrance.