By Harry Fuecks
As a Hypertext Preprocessor developer, there are specific difficulties you’re virtually bound to face. producing charts and graphs, changing HTML records to PDF format—PHP is provided to deal with all of those, yet bobbing up with the easiest implementation could be difficult! Now, rather than trawling via message forums and mailing lists for the reply, you could simply crack open The personal home page Anthology!
The personal home page Anthology is an entire reference consultant for any Hypertext Preprocessor developer --hobbyist or professional-- that can assist you write greater, speedier and safer code that solves universal difficulties. the writer, Harry Fuecks, has compiled over a hundred best-practice suggestions that any developer will locate valuable whilst construction content material administration structures, intranets, procuring carts or anything.
The first publication within the personal home page Anthology will enable you:
- write really transportable code
- paintings with PHP’s item orientated Programming (OOP) positive aspects, with out a machine technological know-how measure
- make the most of MySQL’s little-known "FULLTEXT" seek facility, fix MySQL tables, backup your database and stay away from SQL injection assaults
- fetch documents over a community utilizing PHP’s FTP gains, create zipped documents and achieve entry to the neighborhood dossier method
- validate and clear out person submitted content material, and keep away from cross-site scripting hacks
- how you can produce expert charts and graphs, and create thumbnails and watermark photos
- ship e-mail utilizing personal home page, together with HTML e mail with attachments and embedded photographs
- create seek engine pleasant URLs so your websites can get spidered
- create specialist blunders dealing with exercises
Read or Download The PHP Anthology. Foundations PDF
Similar programming: programming languages books
Considering its free up now not fairly 3 years in the past, C# has swiftly received extensive utilization. This publication is written for C# 2. zero, masking the entire new beneficial properties in 2. zero, together with generics. as well as its assurance of C#, it additionally presents details at the . internet Framework and periods that C# interacts with. each bankruptcy contains questions and solutions besides instructed tasks.
* the first e-book at the J2ME Polish open resource device * Written by way of Robert Virkus, the lead programmer and architect of J2ME Polish * Discusses each point of J2ME Polish in-depth, together with fitting, utilizing, and increasing * comprises hands-on tutorials that inspire the reader to use their bought wisdom
- Java Testing, Design, and Automation, Edition: illustrated edition
- PHP 4. Grundlagen und Profiwissen
- Elements of C++ Style
- Das J2EE Codebook GERMAN
Extra resources for The PHP Anthology. Foundations
Which Command to Use? As a general practice, unless you have a special circumstance where some other behavior is needed, always use the require_once command to include one file in another. This is particularly important when you’re placing PHP classes in separate files, and one class may depend on another. For the full story on classes, see Chapter 2. 14 Path Finding PHP’s four include commands should not be confused with the various file-related functions (discussed in Chapter 4); these are intended for fetching files without parsing them immediately as PHP scripts, thereby allowing you to work on their contents.
As you become fluent in object ori- 25 Chapter 2: Object Oriented PHP ented programming, you’ll find that writing complex applications becomes as easy as putting together blocks of Lego. I’ll introduce the occasional Unified Modelling Language (UML) class diagram in this discussion. UML is a standard for describing object oriented programs with images. Don’t worry if you haven’t come across UML before; the relationship between the diagrams and the code will speak for itself. What are the basics of object oriented PHP?
In object oriented parlance, functions that are designed to work this way are called static methods. Actually, compared to most methods, static methods are about as boring as they sound. In the sections below, we’ll see how you can really flex your object oriented muscles with some fully-fledged methods. Classes and Objects A class is a “blueprint” for an object. That is, unlike a function that you’d declare and use, a class merely describes a type of object. Before you can do useful work with it, you need to create an object—an instance of the class—using a process 29 Chapter 2: Object Oriented PHP called instantiation.