By Nora Roberts
The riveting new novel from the number 1 New York Times bestselling writer of The Liar.
"She stood within the deep, darkish woods, breath shallow and chilly prickling over her dermis regardless of the new, heavy air. She took a step again, then , because the urge to run fell over her."
Naomi Bowes misplaced her innocence the evening she her father into the woods. In releasing the lady trapped within the root cellar, Naomi published the terrible quantity of her father's crimes and made him notorious. irrespective of how shut she will get to happiness, she can't outrun the sins of Thomas David Bowes.
Now a winning photographer dwelling below the identify Naomi Carson, she has came across a spot that calls to her, a rambling previous residence short of fix, millions of miles clear of every little thing she's ever identified. Naomi desires to include the solitude, however the kindly citizens of dawn Cove hold forcing her to open up—especially the decided Xander Keaton.
Naomi can consider her defenses failing, and understands that the relationship her new lifestyles deals is whatever she's constantly secretly craved. however the sins of her father can turn into an obsession, and, as she's discovered repeatedly, her earlier isn't greater than a nightmare away.
Read Online or Download The Obsession PDF
Similar suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, the town that became its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the loss of life of a tender lady, she needs to stick to the twisting leads and song the unusual info so as to make the useless speak-and to bare the sorrowful fact which may be greater than even she will be able to endure.
A farmhouse destroyed by means of fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader health worker and consulting pathologist for the federal legislation enforcement company ATF, is termed out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed by means of hearth. within the ruins of the home she unearths a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The hearth has come whilst one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric health facility. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't really, for Carrie has all started to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, element of foundation is Patricia Cornwell at her such a lot amazing.
A mystery govt unit, a gaggle of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide nobody else can crack
Though haunted by means of the new deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow understands that the residing dedicate the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her fingers filled with secret and bloodshed.
But one task calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a ancient mansion in New Orleans's French area, a senator's spouse falls to her dying. so much imagine she jumped; a few say she used to be driven. And but others think she used to be beckoned via the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the positioning of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this probably unsolvable case, just one factor is sure: even if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will forged Jackson and Angela into hazard of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the better halves of a number of admired businessmen have disappeared with out a hint, forsaking just a black rose and a word with an easy message: "Gone, yet now not Forgotten. "
· a similar sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's aspect, big apple, ten years ago--but the killer was once stuck, the case used to be closed and the distinctive "rose killer" job strength was once disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has won nationwide acceptance as a feminist protection legal professional, is retained through multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's element Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" job strength, hasn't slept an entire evening in ten years, haunted via nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, remains to be in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district legal professional, attempting to make feel of the surprising sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the state, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the U.S. has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the following leader Justice of the ultimate court docket. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there aren't any skeletons in his closet.
Additional resources for The Obsession
De Sade turned. One of the smart suits stood there, the guy. “And you’d want to know because, why? ” The man smiled and produced his badge. “FBI Special Agent Davies, New York Field Office. ” De Sade knew he was on shaky ground if it came to a jurisdictional fight, serial killings often became the province of the FBI. Davies understood the situation too. ” That was encouraging, de Sade thought. So what did they really want? The second victim, Emily Johannsen had pointed them in the direction of a Russian connection.
Agent Ward mentioned it earlier. You’re suggesting that he signs his own signature to the murders, that’s quite a jump. Kind of like holding up his hand and saying ‘look, everybody, this is my handiwork’. It’s too pat, too easy. ” “Wait until you meet him, he’s an arrogant son of a bitch. He thinks he’s cleverer than all of us, he can do whatever he wants. Look at Dennis Rader, another arrogant SOB, he was undone by his arrogance. ” De Sade remembered the case. Rader couldn’t stand someone else taking his credit.
It also worked away some of the tension of the day. De Sade finished off with a hard twenty minutes on the treadmill and rinsed off the last of the day’s woes in an ice-cold shower. Then he settled in his armchair with a book and another Schneider Kristall beer. It was a book about chess, or rather about a chess player. It was time to beat Samuel Aaronssen at his own game, maybe Fischer had some tips for him. The book was entitled ‘Endgame, Bobby Fischer’s Remarkable Rise and Fall’. Supposedly it unlocked the mind of the chess wizard, what made the eccentric genius tick and more importantly, what his winning secrets were.