By John Lescroart
Lt. Abe Glitsky and protection legal professional Dismas Hardy are back—on contrary ends of a clinical malpractice suit…and attainable homicide case.
When the pinnacle of San Francisco’s greatest HMO dies in his personal sanatorium because the results of monstrous accidents inflicted by means of a random hit-and-run vehicle coincidence. however the post-mortem quickly tells a distinct tale and Abe Glitsky speedy units his attractions on attending healthcare professional Eric Kensing.
Desperate and short of an lawyer, Kensing turns to Dismas Hardy for his safeguard. Hardy needs to discover a twisting conspiracy of avarice and violence that takes the lives it's sworn to avoid wasting.
A well timed and gripping novel that places lives—and a long-standing friendship—at grave danger, THE OATH is John Lescroart at his galvanizing most sensible.
Read or Download The Oath (Dismas Hardy, Book 8) PDF
Similar suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, town that became its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the loss of life of a tender lady, she needs to keep on with the twisting leads and music the unusual info so that it will make the lifeless speak-and to bare the unhappy fact that could be greater than even she will undergo.
A farmhouse destroyed through fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader health worker and consulting pathologist for the federal legislations enforcement service provider ATF, is named out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed by means of fireplace. within the ruins of the home she reveals a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The hearth has come whilst one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric health facility. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't, for Carrie has began to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, element of starting place is Patricia Cornwell at her such a lot fabulous.
A mystery govt unit, a bunch of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide not anyone else can crack
Though haunted through the new deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow is familiar with that the dwelling dedicate the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her arms filled with secret and bloodshed.
But one task calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a old mansion in New Orleans's French sector, a senator's spouse falls to her dying. such a lot imagine she jumped; a few say she used to be driven. And but others think she used to be beckoned via the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the location of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this likely unsolvable case, just one factor is sure: even if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will solid Jackson and Angela into threat of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the other halves of a number of popular businessmen have disappeared with no hint, forsaking just a black rose and a word with an easy message: "Gone, yet no longer Forgotten. "
· a similar sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's element, big apple, ten years ago--but the killer was once stuck, the case used to be closed and the targeted "rose killer" job strength used to be disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has won nationwide acceptance as a feminist safety legal professional, is retained via multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's aspect Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" job strength, hasn't slept a whole evening in ten years, haunted through nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, remains to be in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district legal professional, attempting to make feel of the unexpected sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the state, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the us has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the subsequent leader Justice of the superb courtroom. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there aren't any skeletons in his closet.
- Never Say Die
- The Terra Cotta Dog (Inspector Montalbano, Book 2)
- The Minotaur (Jake Grafton, Book 3)
- The Bonaparte Secret (Lang Reilly Thrillers)
- Forever Mine (The Moreno Brothers, Book 1)
Extra info for The Oath (Dismas Hardy, Book 8)
De Sade turned. One of the smart suits stood there, the guy. “And you’d want to know because, why? ” The man smiled and produced his badge. “FBI Special Agent Davies, New York Field Office. ” De Sade knew he was on shaky ground if it came to a jurisdictional fight, serial killings often became the province of the FBI. Davies understood the situation too. ” That was encouraging, de Sade thought. So what did they really want? The second victim, Emily Johannsen had pointed them in the direction of a Russian connection.
Agent Ward mentioned it earlier. You’re suggesting that he signs his own signature to the murders, that’s quite a jump. Kind of like holding up his hand and saying ‘look, everybody, this is my handiwork’. It’s too pat, too easy. ” “Wait until you meet him, he’s an arrogant son of a bitch. He thinks he’s cleverer than all of us, he can do whatever he wants. Look at Dennis Rader, another arrogant SOB, he was undone by his arrogance. ” De Sade remembered the case. Rader couldn’t stand someone else taking his credit.
It also worked away some of the tension of the day. De Sade finished off with a hard twenty minutes on the treadmill and rinsed off the last of the day’s woes in an ice-cold shower. Then he settled in his armchair with a book and another Schneider Kristall beer. It was a book about chess, or rather about a chess player. It was time to beat Samuel Aaronssen at his own game, maybe Fischer had some tips for him. The book was entitled ‘Endgame, Bobby Fischer’s Remarkable Rise and Fall’. Supposedly it unlocked the mind of the chess wizard, what made the eccentric genius tick and more importantly, what his winning secrets were.