By Nicholas Sparks
In his 14th ebook, bestselling writer Nicholas Sparks tells the unforgettable tale of a guy whose brushes with demise lead him to the affection of his existence.
After U.S. Marine Logan Thibault reveals a photo of a smiling younger girl buried within the airborne dirt and dust in the course of his travel of responsibility in Iraq, he reports a surprising streak of good fortune -- profitable poker video games or even surviving lethal wrestle. in basic terms his ally, Victor, turns out to have an evidence for his luck: the picture -- his fortunate allure.
Back domestic in Colorado, Thibault can't appear to get the girl within the photo out of his brain and he units out on a trip around the nation to discover her. yet Thibault is stuck off shield through the powerful charm he feels for the lady he encounters in North Carolina - Elizabeth, a divorced mom -- and he retains the tale of the picture, and his good fortune, a mystery. As he and Elizabeth embark upon a passionate love affair, his mystery quickly threatens to rip them aside -- destroying not just their love, but additionally their lives.
Filled with gentle romance and very good suspense, THE fortunate ONE is an unforgettable tale in regards to the outstanding paths our lives frequently take and the facility of destiny to steer us to real and eternal love.
Read Online or Download The Lucky One PDF
Best suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, town that became its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the demise of a tender lady, she needs to stick to the twisting leads and music the unusual information on the way to make the useless speak-and to bare the unhappy fact that could be greater than even she will endure.
A farmhouse destroyed by means of fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader health worker and consulting pathologist for the federal legislation enforcement enterprise ATF, is termed out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed through hearth. within the ruins of the home she unearths a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The fireplace has come whilst one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric clinic. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't, for Carrie has all started to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, element of starting place is Patricia Cornwell at her such a lot marvelous.
A mystery govt unit, a gaggle of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide not anyone else can crack
Though haunted by way of the hot deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow is aware that the dwelling dedicate the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her fingers packed with secret and bloodshed.
But one task calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a ancient mansion in New Orleans's French region, a senator's spouse falls to her demise. such a lot imagine she jumped; a few say she used to be driven. And but others think she was once beckoned by means of the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the positioning of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this probably unsolvable case, just one factor is sure: no matter if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will solid Jackson and Angela into risk of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the better halves of a number of favourite businessmen have disappeared and not using a hint, abandoning just a black rose and a notice with an easy message: "Gone, yet now not Forgotten. "
· a similar sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's aspect, ny, ten years ago--but the killer was once stuck, the case was once closed and the distinct "rose killer" activity strength was once disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has won nationwide attractiveness as a feminist protection legal professional, is retained by means of multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's aspect Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" job strength, hasn't slept a whole evening in ten years, haunted via nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, remains to be in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district lawyer, attempting to make feel of the unexpected sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the nation, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the USA has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the subsequent leader Justice of the excellent courtroom. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there are not any skeletons in his closet.
- Demon Child
- Pearlhanger (Lovejoy, Book 9)
- Hell for Leather (Black Knights Inc., Book 6)
- There Was an Old Woman: A Novel of Suspense
- The Information Officer: A Novel
- The Stuart Sapphire (Tam Eildor, Book 4)
Extra info for The Lucky One
The gold I got out of Sam Hegg's mine ain't been more than about a hun- 45 How to Write a Damn Good Mystery 46 dred and fifty grand, total, and that ain't no lie. But I've been real careful not to do anything stupid like spend a lot in one place. I sell the nuggets off as I go— telling people I bought them at the bar off guys who bring it in. I'm content, a happy man. I blow my cool and have to beat the crap out of somebody once in a while when I'm acting as a deputy, or in the bar with some drunk, but most of the time I keep a lid on my temper.
I've been in the writing racket for a few decades now and, the horrible truth is, I've never been able to figure out what editors will find mildly interesting story-wise, let alone what will make them flip. I've heard other writers, agents, and even editors say that they know this trend is hot, this other trend is not; that Ideas to Get You Started small-town mysteries, say, are in, hard-boiled are out; that cross-genre books or some such are the next trend, the wave of the future. It's all a bunch of pap.
31 32 How to Write a Damn Good Mystery O u r murderer will be evil. We know a murderer is a mythic "evil one" and an evil one always acts out of his or her own self-interest. An evil one is the golden star at the center of his or her own universe. Our murderer will be self ish. Sure, we've all read books in which the murderer does the deed for a good cause, heroically, but this motif almost always results in a weak climax. " If the murderer is not acting out of his or her own self-interest and instead is self-sacrificing and acting heroically, the reader is robbed of this satisfaction, which is, after all, one of the principal reasons the reader bought the book in the first place.