By Martina Cole
Donna Brunos worships her husband and is devastated while he's jailed for armed theft. Georgio swears he's been arrange and persuades Donna to aid him escape.
Implementing ‘the jump’ takes Donna right into a twilight international she by no means believed existed - an international of brutal intercourse and informal violence. ultimately, she is faced via a chain of shattering revelations that threaten not just every little thing she believes in but additionally, eventually, her personal life...
Read Online or Download The Jump PDF
Similar suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, the town that grew to become its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the loss of life of a tender woman, she needs to persist with the twisting leads and music the unusual info as a way to make the useless speak-and to bare the sorrowful fact which may be greater than even she will be able to endure.
A farmhouse destroyed through fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader health worker and consulting pathologist for the federal legislation enforcement supplier ATF, is named out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed by way of hearth. within the ruins of the home she reveals a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The fireplace has come even as one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric health facility. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't really, for Carrie has all started to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, element of beginning is Patricia Cornwell at her so much spectacular.
A mystery govt unit, a gaggle of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide nobody else can crack
Though haunted by means of the new deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow understands that the dwelling devote the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her fingers choked with secret and bloodshed.
But one project calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a historical mansion in New Orleans's French sector, a senator's spouse falls to her dying. such a lot imagine she jumped; a few say she used to be driven. And but others think she was once beckoned through the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the location of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this possible unsolvable case, just one factor is bound: no matter if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will forged Jackson and Angela into probability of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the other halves of a number of sought after businessmen have disappeared with no hint, abandoning just a black rose and a word with an easy message: "Gone, yet no longer Forgotten. "
· an analogous sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's aspect, long island, ten years ago--but the killer was once stuck, the case used to be closed and the distinct "rose killer" activity strength was once disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has won nationwide acceptance as a feminist protection legal professional, is retained via multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's element Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" job strength, hasn't slept a whole evening in ten years, haunted by way of nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, continues to be available in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district legal professional, attempting to make experience of the unexpected sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the nation, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the us has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the following leader Justice of the superb courtroom. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there are not any skeletons in his closet.
- Sam Capra's Last Chance (Sam Capra, Book 2.5)
- The Pegasus Secret (Lang Reilly Thrillers)
- Deadly Donuts (Donut Shop Mysteries, Book 10)
- The Naked Nuns (The Flaxborough novels, Book 8)
- The Second Time Around
- The Word Exchange: A Novel
Additional info for The Jump
A makeshift stone table had lost one leg and leaned awkwardly in one corner. A metal chair, old and rusted, rested on its side against a wood-reinforced dirt and rock wall. Two tunnels branched off the room—one narrow like the tunnel she’d come from; the other a bit wider with a metal track laid on the ground, disappearing into the dark beyond the scope of her light. An old mining cart with metal wheels sat at the end of the line. She couldn’t go farther into the mine without putting herself at great risk, as well as worry Sean while he was injured topside.
Lucy—” A deep, male voice said, “Sean, I have equipment in my truck to get both of you back up. ” It was useless to argue. How else was he going to get out of this pit? He just didn’t want Lucy to see him like this. But of course Lucy could handle it. She could handle anything life handed her. Even him in this condition. He just … hell, he didn’t know what he was thinking. The pain was making him stupid. He closed his eyes again. He thought he heard Lucy talking, but it was far away. “Sean? Hang tight.
I just can’t figure out why. I wasn’t raised in Spruce Lake. ” “He left five years ago, when he went to college. ” Five years was nothing for someone dead set on revenge. “We need to talk to him,” Lucy said. Tim turned off the road onto a two-lane highway. Two miles north was the main road into the town of Spruce Lake, but Tim turned south. ” When Tim turned onto the logging road, he slowed down as the truck bounced over rocks, branches, and potholes. Lucy spotted an ATV partly hidden in the trees, about twenty feet down from the logging entrance.