By Marlaine Delargy, Åsa Larsson
A grisly torture-murder, a haunting northern Sweden backdrop, and a gloomy drama of twisted sexuality collide memorably in Åsa Larsson's masterpiece of suspense--a story of risk, desire, longing, and darkness past imagining.
The lifeless lady was once chanced on on a frozen lake, her physique riddled with facts of torture. immediately, Inspector Anna-Maria Mella understands she wishes support. as the useless woman--found in work out outfits with lacy lingerie underneath them--was a key participant in a mining corporation whose tentacles succeed in around the globe. Anna-Maria wishes a legal professional to assist clarify a few things--and she is aware one of many best.
Attorney Rebecka Martinsson is eager to come again to paintings, to believe alive back after a case that nearly destroyed her. quickly Rebecka is prying into the affairs of the lifeless woman's boss, the founding father of Kallis Mining, whose courting together with his big name worker was once either complicated and ominous. yet what Rebecka and Anna-Maria are approximately to uncover--a tangled drama of secrets and techniques, perversion, and criminality--will lay naked a story as surprising because it is sad...about a man's obsession, a woman's lonely demise, and a killer's chilly, chilly heart.
From the exchange Paperback variation.
Read or Download The Black Path (Rebecka Martinsson, Book 3) PDF
Similar suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, the town that grew to become its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the loss of life of a tender lady, she needs to stick with the twisting leads and music the unusual information so one can make the useless speak-and to bare the unhappy fact which may be greater than even she will be able to undergo.
A farmhouse destroyed by way of fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader health worker and consulting pathologist for the federal legislations enforcement organisation ATF, is termed out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed through hearth. within the ruins of the home she reveals a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The hearth has come whilst one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric clinic. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't really, for Carrie has began to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, element of beginning is Patricia Cornwell at her so much surprising.
A mystery govt unit, a bunch of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide not anyone else can crack
Though haunted by means of the new deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow is familiar with that the residing devote the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her fingers choked with secret and bloodshed.
But one task calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a historical mansion in New Orleans's French sector, a senator's spouse falls to her dying. such a lot imagine she jumped; a few say she used to be driven. And but others think she was once beckoned by way of the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the positioning of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this probably unsolvable case, just one factor is sure: no matter if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will forged Jackson and Angela into threat of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the better halves of numerous well-known businessmen have disappeared and not using a hint, forsaking just a black rose and a notice with an easy message: "Gone, yet now not Forgotten. "
· a similar sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's element, long island, ten years ago--but the killer used to be stuck, the case used to be closed and the distinctive "rose killer" job strength used to be disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has received nationwide popularity as a feminist safety legal professional, is retained by way of multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's aspect Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" activity strength, hasn't slept an entire evening in ten years, haunted by means of nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, continues to be available in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district lawyer, attempting to make experience of the unexpected sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the kingdom, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the USA has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the following leader Justice of the ideal court docket. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there aren't any skeletons in his closet.
- Opening Moves (The Patrick Bowers Files, Book 0.5)
- The Last Surgeon
- Savage Night
- Schopenhauer's Telescope: A Novel
- The Scarecrow
Extra info for The Black Path (Rebecka Martinsson, Book 3)
De Sade turned. One of the smart suits stood there, the guy. “And you’d want to know because, why? ” The man smiled and produced his badge. “FBI Special Agent Davies, New York Field Office. ” De Sade knew he was on shaky ground if it came to a jurisdictional fight, serial killings often became the province of the FBI. Davies understood the situation too. ” That was encouraging, de Sade thought. So what did they really want? The second victim, Emily Johannsen had pointed them in the direction of a Russian connection.
Agent Ward mentioned it earlier. You’re suggesting that he signs his own signature to the murders, that’s quite a jump. Kind of like holding up his hand and saying ‘look, everybody, this is my handiwork’. It’s too pat, too easy. ” “Wait until you meet him, he’s an arrogant son of a bitch. He thinks he’s cleverer than all of us, he can do whatever he wants. Look at Dennis Rader, another arrogant SOB, he was undone by his arrogance. ” De Sade remembered the case. Rader couldn’t stand someone else taking his credit.
It also worked away some of the tension of the day. De Sade finished off with a hard twenty minutes on the treadmill and rinsed off the last of the day’s woes in an ice-cold shower. Then he settled in his armchair with a book and another Schneider Kristall beer. It was a book about chess, or rather about a chess player. It was time to beat Samuel Aaronssen at his own game, maybe Fischer had some tips for him. The book was entitled ‘Endgame, Bobby Fischer’s Remarkable Rise and Fall’. Supposedly it unlocked the mind of the chess wizard, what made the eccentric genius tick and more importantly, what his winning secrets were.