By Michael Palmer
Unique e-book: 1995
In his 5 bestselling novels, from The Sisterhood to Natural Causes, medical professional Michael Palmer has drawn on years of firsthand emergency-room adventure to create the drama of a frighteningly genuine world--a international the place the road among drugs and homicide is scalpel-thin. Now, in his such a lot harrowing suspense novel but, Palmer unearths how the facility to heal can turn into a license to kill....
With his spouse, Evie, scheduled for surgical procedure day after today, Dr. Harry Corbett is going to the health center for what he hopes may be a quiet night of reconciliation. In contemporary weeks Evie, by no means quickly to percentage her emotions, has been extra closed and far away than ever.
But while Harry reaches Evie's room, it really is too past due for reconciliation. Shockingly, unexpectedly, Evie is dead. The police suspect homicide. And their in basic terms suspect is Dr. Harry Corbett.
Harry isn't ready for the lovely revelations that keep on with: His vivid, appealing, hugely bold spouse was once top a double lifestyles; she could have had
dangerous secrets. But what mystery might have been explosive sufficient to die for?
Then the killer moves back, boldly, tauntingly murdering one among Harry's favourite sufferers in the sort of method that basically Harry is aware the demise used to be now not natural. This time Harry is sure: The killer, medically subtle, coolly smug, relocating undetected via a hectic city sanatorium, may perhaps in simple terms be a doctor. And he wonders--how many extra will die?
Desperately Harry probes deeper, following the one clue Evie left. What he unearths is a sinister development that threatens sufferers in each clinic within the city. Harry is engaged in a life-and-death conflict of wits with a chillingly effective monster. And till the physician is unmasked, no sufferer is secure from his deadly silent treatment.
Michael Palmer has performed it back, offering a no-holds-barred novel of scientific intrigue-- a gripping mystery that includes the main terrifying physician
since Hannibal Lecter. Silent therapy will retain your pulse racing from commencing to finish
Read Online or Download Silent Treatment PDF
Best suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, the town that grew to become its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the demise of a tender lady, she needs to keep on with the twisting leads and tune the unusual information so as to make the lifeless speak-and to bare the unhappy fact which may be greater than even she will be able to undergo.
A farmhouse destroyed by way of fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader medical expert and consulting pathologist for the federal legislation enforcement employer ATF, is termed out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed by means of hearth. within the ruins of the home she reveals a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The fireplace has come whilst one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric sanatorium. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't, for Carrie has started to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, element of foundation is Patricia Cornwell at her so much remarkable.
A mystery executive unit, a gaggle of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide not anyone else can crack
Though haunted via the hot deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow is familiar with that the residing devote the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her palms filled with secret and bloodshed.
But one task calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a old mansion in New Orleans's French sector, a senator's spouse falls to her dying. such a lot imagine she jumped; a few say she used to be driven. And but others think she used to be beckoned by way of the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the location of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this possible unsolvable case, just one factor is sure: no matter if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will solid Jackson and Angela into threat of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the other halves of a number of popular businessmen have disappeared and not using a hint, abandoning just a black rose and a word with an easy message: "Gone, yet now not Forgotten. "
· an analogous sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's aspect, long island, ten years ago--but the killer was once stuck, the case used to be closed and the unique "rose killer" job strength was once disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has received nationwide acceptance as a feminist safeguard legal professional, is retained through multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's element Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" job strength, hasn't slept an entire evening in ten years, haunted by way of nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, continues to be available in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district legal professional, attempting to make experience of the unexpected sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the nation, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the USA has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the subsequent leader Justice of the preferrred court docket. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there are not any skeletons in his closet.
- Night Fall: A Novel
- Justice is Coming (The Marshals of Maverick County, Book 5)
- Missing Pieces
- Making You Mine (The Moreno Brothers, Book 5)
Extra resources for Silent Treatment
De Sade turned. One of the smart suits stood there, the guy. “And you’d want to know because, why? ” The man smiled and produced his badge. “FBI Special Agent Davies, New York Field Office. ” De Sade knew he was on shaky ground if it came to a jurisdictional fight, serial killings often became the province of the FBI. Davies understood the situation too. ” That was encouraging, de Sade thought. So what did they really want? The second victim, Emily Johannsen had pointed them in the direction of a Russian connection.
Agent Ward mentioned it earlier. You’re suggesting that he signs his own signature to the murders, that’s quite a jump. Kind of like holding up his hand and saying ‘look, everybody, this is my handiwork’. It’s too pat, too easy. ” “Wait until you meet him, he’s an arrogant son of a bitch. He thinks he’s cleverer than all of us, he can do whatever he wants. Look at Dennis Rader, another arrogant SOB, he was undone by his arrogance. ” De Sade remembered the case. Rader couldn’t stand someone else taking his credit.
It also worked away some of the tension of the day. De Sade finished off with a hard twenty minutes on the treadmill and rinsed off the last of the day’s woes in an ice-cold shower. Then he settled in his armchair with a book and another Schneider Kristall beer. It was a book about chess, or rather about a chess player. It was time to beat Samuel Aaronssen at his own game, maybe Fischer had some tips for him. The book was entitled ‘Endgame, Bobby Fischer’s Remarkable Rise and Fall’. Supposedly it unlocked the mind of the chess wizard, what made the eccentric genius tick and more importantly, what his winning secrets were.