By Moshe Negbi
Supplying a entire and modern evaluate of the prestige of this actual genus, this booklet should be of curiosity to all these involved in the learn and makes use of of spices, medicinal and fragrant vegetation.
Read Online or Download Saffron: Crocus sativus L. PDF
Best alternative medicine books
A DEFINITIVE advisor TO therapeutic ANY disease HOLISTICALLY whilst catastrophe STRIKESWhen catastrophe moves and also you lose all entry to medical professionals, hospitals and pharmacies, typical medication should be your family’s top desire for survival. Prepper’s average drugs is the definitive consultant to making robust domestic treatments for any healthiness state of affairs, together with: Herbal Salve for InfectionsPoultice for damaged BonesNatural Ointment for Poison IvyInfused Honey for BurnsEssential Oil for MigrainesSoothing Tea for AllergiesNutritional Syrup for Flu With easy-to-read natural charts, a breakdown of crucial oils, assistance for stockpiling average drugs and step by step directions for growing your personal elixirs, salves and extra, this booklet deals every thing you must preserve you and your family secure.
This booklet is for all contributors attracted to taking accountability for his or her overall healthiness and clinical remedies. it's the first finished clinical evaluation of sodium bicarbonate, that is a necessary medicinal for each emergency room, extensive care ward, dental workplace, sanatorium and residential medication cupboard.
- Lycium Barbarum and Human Health
- African Holistic Health
- Leitfaden Tuina. Die manuellen Techniken in der TCM
- 60-Second Secrets: To a Happy, Healthy, More Relaxed You
- Curing IBS Naturally with Chinese Medicine
- Natural Compounds as Drugs, Volume II (Progress in Drug Research)
Extra info for Saffron: Crocus sativus L.
Mouterde, P. (1966) Nouvelle flore du Liban et de la Syrie. Imprimerie Catholique, Beyrouth, Vol. 1, 295–299. V. Published by license under the Harwood Academic Publishers imprint, part of the Gordon and Breach Publishing Group. 3. REPRODUCTION BIOLOGY OF SAFFRON AND ITS ALLIES MARIA GRILLI CAIOLA Department of Biology, University of Rome “Tor Vergata,” Via della Ricerca Srientifica 1—00133 Rome, Italy ABSTRACT Studies on the reproductive biology of saffron and its allies (C. thomasii and C. cartwrightianus) have indicated that the triploid C.
Flavus Weston (k) Series Aleppid Mathew. Type species C. aleppicus Baker (1) Series Carpetani Mathew. Type species C. carpetanus Boiss. & Reut. (m) Series Intertexti (Maw) Mathew. Type species C. fleischeri Gay (n) Series Speciosi Mathew. Type species C. speciosus M. Bieb. (o) Series Laevigati Mathew. Type species C. laevigatus Bory & Chaub. Subgenus Crociris (Schur) Mathew. Mathew. Type species C. banaticus Gay DEFINITION OF SERIES CROCUS Anthers with extrorse dehiscence [subgenus Crocus]; scape subtended by a membranous prophyll (enclosed and hidden within the sheathing leaves or cataphylls) [section Crocus]; corm tunics finely fibrous, usually reticulate; flowers autumnal; leaves rather numerous, usually 5–30, appearing with the flowers or shortly after; bracts flaccid, usually not closely sheathing the perianth-tube, membranous, white or ± transparent with no markings; anthers yellow; style branches 3, usually red and often expanded at the apex, entire or at most fimbriate; seed coats covered with a dense mat of papillae.
4) are roundish in shape, with a few being ovoid. Their dimensions vary: among grains of 91–94 µm in diameter, some are small, 50 µm in diameter. 5). Pore-like depressions without exine but surrounded by more numerous spinulae and lipid droplets are randomly distributed. In many cases, the pollen grain wall shows very large bands of broken exine. 4 Crocus sativus pollen, SEM micrographs, Pollen grains of different sizes [Bar=50 µm]. V. Published by license under the Harwood Academic Publishers imprint, part of the Gordon and Breach Publishing Group.