By Tess Gerritsen
Miranda wooden suggestion she had noticeable the final of Richard Tremain, her wealthy and married ex-lover--until she came across him stabbed to loss of life in her mattress. together with her knife. along with her international falling round her, Miranda is set to transparent her identify and become aware of who killed Richard. yet proving her innocence may well develop into secondary to staying alive....
Keeper of the Bride
After Nina Cormier used to be jilted on the altar, the empty church exploded. Then somebody attempted to run Nina off the line, and he or she learned anyone sought after her dead--but who? That's what Detective Sam Navarro must locate out... quickly. With a nightmare unfolding round them, Sam and Nina decipher the beautiful fact. Now they're on the mercy of an excellent madman who performs for keeps....
Read or Download Presumed Guilty & Keeper of the Bride PDF
Best suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, the town that grew to become its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the loss of life of a tender lady, she needs to stick with the twisting leads and music the unusual info with a view to make the lifeless speak-and to bare the unhappy fact that could be greater than even she will undergo.
A farmhouse destroyed by means of fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader health worker and consulting pathologist for the federal legislation enforcement corporation ATF, is termed out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed by means of fireplace. within the ruins of the home she reveals a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The fireplace has come even as one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric sanatorium. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't really, for Carrie has all started to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, aspect of beginning is Patricia Cornwell at her such a lot astounding.
A mystery executive unit, a bunch of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide nobody else can crack
Though haunted through the new deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow understands that the dwelling devote the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her fingers filled with secret and bloodshed.
But one project calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a historical mansion in New Orleans's French area, a senator's spouse falls to her dying. such a lot imagine she jumped; a few say she was once driven. And but others think she was once beckoned by means of the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the location of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this likely unsolvable case, just one factor is sure: even if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will forged Jackson and Angela into chance of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the other halves of a number of well-liked businessmen have disappeared with no hint, abandoning just a black rose and a be aware with an easy message: "Gone, yet no longer Forgotten. "
· the same sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's aspect, long island, ten years ago--but the killer used to be stuck, the case used to be closed and the targeted "rose killer" activity strength used to be disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has received nationwide reputation as a feminist protection legal professional, is retained through multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's aspect Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" job strength, hasn't slept an entire evening in ten years, haunted by way of nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, continues to be available in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district legal professional, attempting to make experience of the unexpected sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the state, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the USA has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the subsequent leader Justice of the ultimate court docket. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there aren't any skeletons in his closet.
- Tick Tock (Michael Bennett, Book 4)
- There Was an Old Woman: A Novel of Suspense
- Mind Games
- The Chemistry of Death (Dr. David Hunter, Book 1)
Extra info for Presumed Guilty & Keeper of the Bride
Not by the facts, but by his own instincts. Presumed Guilty 55 Logic, evidence, told him that Miranda Wood was the killer. Why did he have such a hard time believing it? The doubts had started a week ago, in that police station hallway. He’d watched the whole interrogation. He’d heard her denials, her lame explanations. He hadn’t been swayed. But when they’d come face-to-face in the hall, and she’d looked him straight in the eye, he’d felt the first stirrings of doubt. Would a murderess meet his gaze so unflinchingly?
His employees, for instance. ” “Yes. ” She let out a deep breath, as though relieved that the most painful part of her confession was finished. ” “I felt more…betrayed. ” “So for a month you walked around mad at Mr. ” “Sometimes. Mostly I felt stupid. And then he wouldn’t 38 Tess Gerritsen leave me alone. ” She looked up sharply. ” “No! ” She was sobbing now, screaming out her denials. The sound of her own voice echoed like some alien cry in that stark box of a room. She dropped her head into her hands and leaned forward on the table.
No more hysterics since that day at the police station. She looked cool and in control, which is how he’d always remembered her from their childhood. Evelyn the ice queen. “There’s the matter of the fingerprints,” said Tibbetts. ” asked Chase. ” “That’s the problem. The knife handle was wiped clean. Now, that doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Here’s this crime of passion, see? She uses her own knife. Pure impulse. ” “She must be brighter than you think,” Evelyn said, sniffing. ” asked Chase. “The suspect herself.