By David Sklar, Adam Trachtenberg
Read Online or Download PHP cookbook, 2nd Edition PDF
Similar programming: programming languages books
On the grounds that its liberate now not fairly 3 years in the past, C# has speedily won large utilization. This booklet is written for C# 2. zero, masking all of the new positive aspects in 2. zero, together with generics. as well as its assurance of C#, it additionally presents details at the . internet Framework and periods that C# interacts with. each bankruptcy contains questions and solutions besides urged tasks.
* the first e-book at the J2ME Polish open resource software * Written via Robert Virkus, the lead programmer and architect of J2ME Polish * Discusses each element of J2ME Polish in-depth, together with fitting, utilizing, and lengthening * contains hands-on tutorials that motivate the reader to use their got wisdom
- Warum ausgerechnet .NET?: Fakten und Vergleiche mit Java und C++ ― Beispielprogramme ― Glasklare Entscheidungshilfen (German Edition)
- Visual C++ 6 и MFC. Энциклопедия пользователя
- Flash MX und PHP. Flash-Anwendungen entwickeln und dynamische Inhalte einbinden.
- C++ - Jetzt lerne ich... Komplettes Starter-Kit: ANSI C++-Compiler auf der Buch-CD
Extra info for PHP cookbook, 2nd Edition
To pad fields with something other than a space, however, use substr() to ensure that the field values aren’t too long and str_pad() to ensure that the field values aren’t too short. -padded fields. net/str_pad. 16 discusses pack() format strings in more detail. Parsing Fixed-Width Field Data Records Problem You need to break apart fixed-width records in strings. Solution Use substr() as shown in Example 1-34. > Or unpack() , as shown in Example 1-35. >In each line, the title occupies the first 25 characters, the author’s name the next 14 characters, and the publication year the next 4 characters.
The recipes in Chpater 6 deal with using functions in PHP: processing arguments, passing and returning variables by reference, creating functions at runtime, and scoping variables. Chapter 7 covers PHP’s object-oriented capabilities, with recipes on OOP basics as well as PHP 5’s new features, such as magic methods, destructors, access control, and reflection. After the data types and building blocks come six chapters devoted to topics that are central to web programming. Chapter 8 covers cookies, headers, authentication, working with query strings, and other fundamentals of web applications.
Parsing Fixed-Width Field Data Records Problem You need to break apart fixed-width records in strings. Solution Use substr() as shown in Example 1-34. > Or unpack() , as shown in Example 1-35. >In each line, the title occupies the first 25 characters, the author’s name the next 14 characters, and the publication year the next 4 characters. >Exploding $booklist into an array of lines makes the looping code the same whether it’s operating over a string or a series of lines read in from a file. The loop can be made more flexible by specifying the field names and widths in a separate array that can be passed to a parsing function, as shown in the pc_fixed_width_substr() function in Example 1-36.