By Alex Connor
The pinnacle of Francisco Goya used to be stolen from his tomb within the wake of his loss of life. nobody has ever identified what occurred to it. in the past.
Leon Golding has regularly been overlooked by means of the paintings global he loves, yet he's ultimately going to make his identify because the guy who stumbled on the cranium of Goya. yet he's requested the inaccurate humans to assist him end up he's correct.
Now all people desires to personal the main prized piece of paintings heritage ever to come back to gentle ... And they're able to kill for it.
This is a retail book additionally named "The Goya Enigma"
Read or Download Memory of Bones PDF
Similar suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, the town that grew to become its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the demise of a tender woman, she needs to stick to the twisting leads and music the unusual information as a way to make the useless speak-and to bare the sorrowful fact which may be greater than even she will endure.
A farmhouse destroyed through fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader health worker and consulting pathologist for the federal legislation enforcement corporation ATF, is named out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed via hearth. within the ruins of the home she reveals a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The hearth has come whilst one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric medical institution. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't, for Carrie has began to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, aspect of foundation is Patricia Cornwell at her such a lot impressive.
A mystery govt unit, a bunch of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide not anyone else can crack
Though haunted by way of the new deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow is familiar with that the residing dedicate the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her arms choked with secret and bloodshed.
But one project calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a historical mansion in New Orleans's French area, a senator's spouse falls to her loss of life. so much imagine she jumped; a few say she was once driven. And but others think she used to be beckoned through the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the location of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this probably unsolvable case, just one factor is bound: even if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will solid Jackson and Angela into hazard of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the better halves of a number of favorite businessmen have disappeared with no hint, forsaking just a black rose and a word with an easy message: "Gone, yet no longer Forgotten. "
· an analogous sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's aspect, big apple, ten years ago--but the killer used to be stuck, the case was once closed and the particular "rose killer" activity strength was once disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has won nationwide reputation as a feminist safeguard legal professional, is retained through multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's aspect Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" activity strength, hasn't slept a whole evening in ten years, haunted through nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, remains to be available in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district legal professional, attempting to make experience of the unexpected sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the nation, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the us has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the subsequent leader Justice of the splendid courtroom. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there are not any skeletons in his closet.
- Killer Curves (Guarding Her Body, Book 2)
- Savage Night
- The Best Revenge (Dr. Alan Gregory, Book 11)
- Liquid Smoke (Noah Braddock, Book 3)
Extra info for Memory of Bones
Not by the facts, but by his own instincts. Presumed Guilty 55 Logic, evidence, told him that Miranda Wood was the killer. Why did he have such a hard time believing it? The doubts had started a week ago, in that police station hallway. He’d watched the whole interrogation. He’d heard her denials, her lame explanations. He hadn’t been swayed. But when they’d come face-to-face in the hall, and she’d looked him straight in the eye, he’d felt the first stirrings of doubt. Would a murderess meet his gaze so unflinchingly?
His employees, for instance. ” “Yes. ” She let out a deep breath, as though relieved that the most painful part of her confession was finished. ” “I felt more…betrayed. ” “So for a month you walked around mad at Mr. ” “Sometimes. Mostly I felt stupid. And then he wouldn’t 38 Tess Gerritsen leave me alone. ” She looked up sharply. ” “No! ” She was sobbing now, screaming out her denials. The sound of her own voice echoed like some alien cry in that stark box of a room. She dropped her head into her hands and leaned forward on the table.
No more hysterics since that day at the police station. She looked cool and in control, which is how he’d always remembered her from their childhood. Evelyn the ice queen. “There’s the matter of the fingerprints,” said Tibbetts. ” asked Chase. ” “That’s the problem. The knife handle was wiped clean. Now, that doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Here’s this crime of passion, see? She uses her own knife. Pure impulse. ” “She must be brighter than you think,” Evelyn said, sniffing. ” asked Chase. “The suspect herself.