By Ashok Appu
After interpreting the sparkling studies, I had nice expectancies for this ebook. it has been rather a letdown.
I'm midway via it now and possibly will set it apart and search for another.
The first significant annoyance was once looking for the significant other website... looking the publisher's site used to be a waste of time because it supplied no details except an choice to buy the publication. eventually unintentionally I occurred to note the proper net deal with indexed in important points at the backside of the again cover.
Next i have needed to take care of typos and incorrect information; seen ones corresponding to the checklist of "What's at the CD-ROM, Disk, and site" (there isn't any CD-ROM or disk with this book). In a "Write the Code" instance, i discovered "@@@COMP: holiday line as shown.@@@" jumbled together with the coding...could be complicated if an individual did not notice that snippet used to be meant for the book's paginator. And there are mistakes within the coding examples, similar to occurrences of "=" rather than the proper "==" operator. Thank goodness for Hypertext Preprocessor boards and the beneficiant humans there who helped me notice why the code wasn't operating as anticipated. so far as i will ascertain, there is not any errata web page to be had for this publication at the Wiley web site, which to me is inexcusable. this is often the 1st publication i have ever acquired from Wiley computing device Publishing, and that i can now say with walk in the park that it'll be my last.
The e-book is prepared primarily with first mentioning an issue for the fictional Mega tune Mart improvement staff, then providing web page after web page of studying fabric sooner than exhibiting the code to unravel the matter. I continuously need to return to the start of the bankruptcy to refresh my reminiscence of what the pursuits of the improvement group are in order that i do know what they are attempting to accomplish of their code. A picture of what the finished code seems like in an internet web page seems after the code. i might want have the explanatory fabric first (for instance, what services and variables are), then be provided with the duty for the improvement workforce, instantly by way of an instance of what the result is, then the code. i must do loads of pointless web page flipping the best way it truly is laid out now.
The ultimate straw is the shortcoming of commenting within the code, which might be a major assist in realizing the "what" and "why" of the coding. within the "Write the Code" component of the bankruptcy on periods, there are nearly 4 pages of coding, but no longer one little bit of commenting. unusual coming from an writer who states on p. 38 that "Comments are an essential component of any program...The reviews of 1 developer support the others comprehend the good judgment of the code..." definite, reviews definitely could have helped me comprehend the author's common sense and aided the training approach.
Read Online or Download Making Use of PHP PDF
Best programming: programming languages books
Considering that its free up now not fairly 3 years in the past, C# has speedily received vast utilization. This booklet is written for C# 2. zero, protecting all of the new positive aspects in 2. zero, together with generics. as well as its assurance of C#, it additionally offers info at the . web Framework and sessions that C# interacts with. each bankruptcy contains questions and solutions in addition to instructed initiatives.
* the first ebook at the J2ME Polish open resource software * Written through Robert Virkus, the lead programmer and architect of J2ME Polish * Discusses each element of J2ME Polish in-depth, together with fitting, utilizing, and lengthening * contains hands-on tutorials that inspire the reader to use their got wisdom
- [(Silverlight 2 Visual Essentials )] [Author: Matthew MacDonald] [Jul-2008]
- Hardcore Visual Studio .NET (January 2004)
- What’s New in ASP.NET MVC 2?
- XHTML, HTML und CSS : Handbuch und Referenz ; [inkl. XForms und XFrames ; Syntaxgrundlagen, Praxis, Elementreferenz ; modernes Seitenlayout und standardkonforme Websites ; Barrierefreiheit, Accessibility, mobile Webdesign]
- Software Entwurf mit UML: Objektorientierte Modellierung mit Beispielen in Java (Xpert.press) (German Edition)
- XML mit Java in 21 Tagen . Eine XML-Einführung für Java-ProgrammiererInnen
Additional resources for Making Use of PHP
18. In the preceding code, the following elements were used: HTML. Contains the entire HTML document; it marks the beginning and end of an HTML document. HEAD. Specifies the header information of the document. TITLE. Specifies the title for the document. BODY. Contains the body text of the HTML document. FONT. Alters the font size and color of text. H1. Contains that part of the text within the HTML document that needs to appear as Heading 1 on a Web page. P. Defines a paragraph. TABLE. TD. Defines a table that consists of data represented in rows and columns.
No matter what, this value could never change. PHP provides you with variables and constants for storing and manipulating data in programs. PHP allocates memory to each variable and constant that you use in your program. As in algebra, the values of variables may change in a program, but the values of constants don’t. You must assign unique names to variables and constants. If a name or a number is used to refer to an area in memory in which a value is stored, the number or name used is a variable.
Markup languages, such as HTML, use labels. These labels are used to specify text or images. These labels are called tags. ■■ These tags are used to contain specific elements of HTML. Elements, the heart of any HTML document, are logical blocks that determine how text or an image will appear when displayed on a Web page. ■■ To use these elements, you need to specify them within opening and closing tags. An opening tag marks the beginning of an element, and a closing tag marks the end of an element.