By Sandra Brown
Retail ePub from OverDrive
When her 4 yr previous daughter informs her a ailing guy is of their backyard, Honor Gillette rushes out to aid him. yet that "sick" guy seems to be Lee Coburn, the fellow accused of murdering seven humans the evening earlier than. harmful, determined, and armed, he can provide Honor that she and her daughter won't be damage so long as she does every thing he asks. She has no selection yet to simply accept him at his word.
But Honor quickly discovers that even these with regards to her can't be depended on. Coburn claims that her liked overdue husband possessed anything tremendous important that areas Honor and her daughter in grave threat. Coburn is there to retrieve it -- at any expense. From FBI places of work in Washington, D.C., to a rundown shrimp boat in coastal Louisiana, Coburn and Honor run for his or her lives from the very humans sworn to guard them, and get to the bottom of an internet of corruption and depravity that threatens not just them, however the cloth of our society
Read or Download Lethal PDF
Similar suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, town that grew to become its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the dying of a tender woman, she needs to stick to the twisting leads and music the unusual information so that it will make the useless speak-and to bare the sorrowful fact that could be greater than even she will undergo.
A farmhouse destroyed by means of fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader health worker and consulting pathologist for the federal legislation enforcement company ATF, is named out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed via fireplace. within the ruins of the home she unearths a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The fireplace has come whilst one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric sanatorium. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't, for Carrie has began to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, aspect of beginning is Patricia Cornwell at her so much extraordinary.
A mystery executive unit, a bunch of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide not anyone else can crack
Though haunted via the new deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow is familiar with that the dwelling devote the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her arms packed with secret and bloodshed.
But one task calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a ancient mansion in New Orleans's French sector, a senator's spouse falls to her dying. such a lot imagine she jumped; a few say she used to be driven. And but others think she used to be beckoned by way of the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the location of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this possible unsolvable case, just one factor is sure: even if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will solid Jackson and Angela into threat of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the other halves of a number of favorite businessmen have disappeared and not using a hint, abandoning just a black rose and a word with an easy message: "Gone, yet now not Forgotten. "
· the same sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's aspect, manhattan, ten years ago--but the killer was once stuck, the case used to be closed and the precise "rose killer" job strength was once disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has won nationwide acceptance as a feminist safeguard lawyer, is retained via multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's aspect Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" job strength, hasn't slept a whole evening in ten years, haunted by way of nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, continues to be in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district lawyer, attempting to make feel of the unexpected sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the nation, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the U.S. has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the following leader Justice of the very best courtroom. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there are not any skeletons in his closet.
- Contract With God
- Silent Scream
- Time Bomb (Alex Delaware, Book 5)
- Countdown (Eve Duncan, Book 6)
- Three Stations (Arkady Renko, Book 7)
Additional info for Lethal
A makeshift stone table had lost one leg and leaned awkwardly in one corner. A metal chair, old and rusted, rested on its side against a wood-reinforced dirt and rock wall. Two tunnels branched off the room—one narrow like the tunnel she’d come from; the other a bit wider with a metal track laid on the ground, disappearing into the dark beyond the scope of her light. An old mining cart with metal wheels sat at the end of the line. She couldn’t go farther into the mine without putting herself at great risk, as well as worry Sean while he was injured topside.
Lucy—” A deep, male voice said, “Sean, I have equipment in my truck to get both of you back up. ” It was useless to argue. How else was he going to get out of this pit? He just didn’t want Lucy to see him like this. But of course Lucy could handle it. She could handle anything life handed her. Even him in this condition. He just … hell, he didn’t know what he was thinking. The pain was making him stupid. He closed his eyes again. He thought he heard Lucy talking, but it was far away. “Sean? Hang tight.
I just can’t figure out why. I wasn’t raised in Spruce Lake. ” “He left five years ago, when he went to college. ” Five years was nothing for someone dead set on revenge. “We need to talk to him,” Lucy said. Tim turned off the road onto a two-lane highway. Two miles north was the main road into the town of Spruce Lake, but Tim turned south. ” When Tim turned onto the logging road, he slowed down as the truck bounced over rocks, branches, and potholes. Lucy spotted an ATV partly hidden in the trees, about twenty feet down from the logging entrance.