By James Patterson
In the course of the evening, a arguable U.S. senator is located murdered in mattress in his Georgetown pied-a-terre. The police ensue just one clue: a mysterious rhyme signed "Jack and Jill" promising that this is often just the start. Jack and Jill are out to get the wealthy and recognized, and they'll cease at not anything till their fiendish plan is carried out.
Meanwhile, Washington, D. C., murder detective Alex go is termed to a homicide scene purely blocks from his condominium, faraway from the corridors of energy the place he spends his days. The sufferer: a stunning little woman, savagely beaten--and desposited in entrance of the user-friendly college Cross's son, Damon, attends.
Could there be a connection among the 2 murders? As go attempts to place the items jointly, the killer- or killers - strike back. And back. not anyone in Washington is secure - no longer young ones, no longer politicians, no longer even the President of the U.S.. simply Alex pass has the abilities and the braveness to crack the case-but will he realize the reality in time?
A relentless curler coaster of heart-pounding suspense and jolting plot twists, Jack and Jill proves that nobody can write a extra compelling mystery than James Patterson-the grasp of the nonstop nightmare.
Read or Download Jack & Jill (Alex Cross, Book 3) PDF
Best suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, the town that became its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the demise of a tender lady, she needs to stick with the twisting leads and tune the unusual information on the way to make the useless speak-and to bare the unhappy fact which may be greater than even she will undergo.
A farmhouse destroyed by way of fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader medical expert and consulting pathologist for the federal legislations enforcement employer ATF, is termed out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed by means of fireplace. within the ruins of the home she reveals a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The fireplace has come whilst one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric sanatorium. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't, for Carrie has all started to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, element of foundation is Patricia Cornwell at her so much staggering.
A mystery govt unit, a bunch of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide nobody else can crack
Though haunted through the hot deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow understands that the dwelling dedicate the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her palms filled with secret and bloodshed.
But one task calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a old mansion in New Orleans's French area, a senator's spouse falls to her demise. such a lot imagine she jumped; a few say she was once driven. And but others think she was once beckoned via the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the location of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this likely unsolvable case, just one factor is sure: no matter if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will forged Jackson and Angela into possibility of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the better halves of numerous renowned businessmen have disappeared and not using a hint, forsaking just a black rose and a observe with an easy message: "Gone, yet no longer Forgotten. "
· the same sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's element, long island, ten years ago--but the killer was once stuck, the case was once closed and the specific "rose killer" activity strength used to be disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has received nationwide attractiveness as a feminist safety legal professional, is retained through multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's element Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" job strength, hasn't slept a whole evening in ten years, haunted through nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, continues to be available in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district legal professional, attempting to make feel of the surprising sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the state, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the us has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the subsequent leader Justice of the splendid courtroom. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there aren't any skeletons in his closet.
- The Command (Dan Lenson, Book 8)
- The Stuart Sapphire (Tam Eildor, Book 4)
- Robert B. Parker's Killing the Blues (Jesse Stone, Book 10)
- Darkly Dreaming Dexter (Dexter, Book 1)
Extra info for Jack & Jill (Alex Cross, Book 3)
Not by the facts, but by his own instincts. Presumed Guilty 55 Logic, evidence, told him that Miranda Wood was the killer. Why did he have such a hard time believing it? The doubts had started a week ago, in that police station hallway. He’d watched the whole interrogation. He’d heard her denials, her lame explanations. He hadn’t been swayed. But when they’d come face-to-face in the hall, and she’d looked him straight in the eye, he’d felt the first stirrings of doubt. Would a murderess meet his gaze so unflinchingly?
His employees, for instance. ” “Yes. ” She let out a deep breath, as though relieved that the most painful part of her confession was finished. ” “I felt more…betrayed. ” “So for a month you walked around mad at Mr. ” “Sometimes. Mostly I felt stupid. And then he wouldn’t 38 Tess Gerritsen leave me alone. ” She looked up sharply. ” “No! ” She was sobbing now, screaming out her denials. The sound of her own voice echoed like some alien cry in that stark box of a room. She dropped her head into her hands and leaned forward on the table.
No more hysterics since that day at the police station. She looked cool and in control, which is how he’d always remembered her from their childhood. Evelyn the ice queen. “There’s the matter of the fingerprints,” said Tibbetts. ” asked Chase. ” “That’s the problem. The knife handle was wiped clean. Now, that doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Here’s this crime of passion, see? She uses her own knife. Pure impulse. ” “She must be brighter than you think,” Evelyn said, sniffing. ” asked Chase. “The suspect herself.