By Allison Brennan
If I may still Die comprises Allison Brennan’s chilling novella Love Is Murder, previously on hand solely as an eBook!
A journey TO THE darkish SIDE
Aspiring FBI agent Lucy Kincaid and her P.I. boyfriend, Sean Rogan, are heading to the Adirondack Mountains for a delightful romantic getaway after they detour to aid bothered associates, vendors of a brand new hotel who're scuffling with malicious vandals. After Lucy and Sean pursue an arsonist into an deserted mine shaft, Lucy stumbles upon a good extra heinous crime—and the peerlessly preserved continues to be of its victim.
The in basic terms other thing traumatic than the invention of the corpse is its surprising disappearance. whereas the neighborhood police stay skeptical, Lucy is lifeless definite that there’s a connection among the sabotage on the lodge and the murder—one that the less-than-neighborly voters of Spruce Lake appear to have a stake in conserving hidden. Then, while a cold-blooded sniper goals Sean and Lucy, FBI agent Noah Armstrong enters the fray to make sure that extra our bodies don’t hit the floor. Now 3 outsiders race to untangle a violent conspiracy prior to they turn out just like the remainder of Spruce Lake’s secrets and techniques: lifeless and buried.
Read or Download If I Should Die (Lucy Kincaid, Book 3) PDF
Similar suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, town that grew to become its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the demise of a tender woman, she needs to stick with the twisting leads and music the unusual information for you to make the useless speak-and to bare the unhappy fact which may be greater than even she will be able to undergo.
A farmhouse destroyed by means of fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader health worker and consulting pathologist for the federal legislations enforcement organization ATF, is named out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed through fireplace. within the ruins of the home she reveals a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The fireplace has come even as one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric health center. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't, for Carrie has started to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, aspect of starting place is Patricia Cornwell at her so much magnificent.
A mystery executive unit, a bunch of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide nobody else can crack
Though haunted via the new deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow understands that the residing dedicate the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her arms packed with secret and bloodshed.
But one task calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a historical mansion in New Orleans's French area, a senator's spouse falls to her loss of life. so much imagine she jumped; a few say she was once driven. And but others think she used to be beckoned by means of the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the positioning of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this probably unsolvable case, just one factor is bound: even if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will solid Jackson and Angela into threat of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the better halves of a number of famous businessmen have disappeared with no hint, abandoning just a black rose and a be aware with an easy message: "Gone, yet now not Forgotten. "
· a similar sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's element, manhattan, ten years ago--but the killer was once stuck, the case was once closed and the certain "rose killer" activity strength used to be disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has received nationwide reputation as a feminist security legal professional, is retained via multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's aspect Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" activity strength, hasn't slept a whole evening in ten years, haunted through nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, remains to be available in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district lawyer, attempting to make experience of the unexpected sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the nation, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the us has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the subsequent leader Justice of the perfect court docket. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there aren't any skeletons in his closet.
- All Dressed in White (Under Suspicion Series, Book 2)
- The Inquisitor's Key (Body Farm, Book 7)
- Diamonds Are Forever (James Bond Series, Book 4)
- Poison Town (The Crittendon Files, Book 2)
- Love Me to Death (Lucy Kincaid, Book 1)
Additional info for If I Should Die (Lucy Kincaid, Book 3)
De Sade turned. One of the smart suits stood there, the guy. “And you’d want to know because, why? ” The man smiled and produced his badge. “FBI Special Agent Davies, New York Field Office. ” De Sade knew he was on shaky ground if it came to a jurisdictional fight, serial killings often became the province of the FBI. Davies understood the situation too. ” That was encouraging, de Sade thought. So what did they really want? The second victim, Emily Johannsen had pointed them in the direction of a Russian connection.
Agent Ward mentioned it earlier. You’re suggesting that he signs his own signature to the murders, that’s quite a jump. Kind of like holding up his hand and saying ‘look, everybody, this is my handiwork’. It’s too pat, too easy. ” “Wait until you meet him, he’s an arrogant son of a bitch. He thinks he’s cleverer than all of us, he can do whatever he wants. Look at Dennis Rader, another arrogant SOB, he was undone by his arrogance. ” De Sade remembered the case. Rader couldn’t stand someone else taking his credit.
It also worked away some of the tension of the day. De Sade finished off with a hard twenty minutes on the treadmill and rinsed off the last of the day’s woes in an ice-cold shower. Then he settled in his armchair with a book and another Schneider Kristall beer. It was a book about chess, or rather about a chess player. It was time to beat Samuel Aaronssen at his own game, maybe Fischer had some tips for him. The book was entitled ‘Endgame, Bobby Fischer’s Remarkable Rise and Fall’. Supposedly it unlocked the mind of the chess wizard, what made the eccentric genius tick and more importantly, what his winning secrets were.