By Allison Brennan
Read Online or Download If I Should Die: A Novel of Suspense PDF
Similar suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, the town that became its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the dying of a tender woman, she needs to stick with the twisting leads and song the unusual information so that it will make the useless speak-and to bare the unhappy fact that could be greater than even she will undergo.
A farmhouse destroyed via fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader medical expert and consulting pathologist for the federal legislation enforcement organization ATF, is named out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed by way of hearth. within the ruins of the home she unearths a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The fireplace has come whilst one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric health facility. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't, for Carrie has started to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, aspect of beginning is Patricia Cornwell at her so much brilliant.
A mystery govt unit, a gaggle of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide not anyone else can crack
Though haunted by means of the new deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow is familiar with that the dwelling dedicate the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her arms packed with secret and bloodshed.
But one project calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a ancient mansion in New Orleans's French zone, a senator's spouse falls to her loss of life. so much imagine she jumped; a few say she used to be driven. And but others think she was once beckoned by means of the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the positioning of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this doubtless unsolvable case, just one factor is bound: even if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will solid Jackson and Angela into chance of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the better halves of numerous sought after businessmen have disappeared with no hint, abandoning just a black rose and a observe with an easy message: "Gone, yet no longer Forgotten. "
· a similar sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's element, big apple, ten years ago--but the killer was once stuck, the case used to be closed and the distinctive "rose killer" activity strength used to be disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has won nationwide popularity as a feminist protection legal professional, is retained by means of multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's aspect Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" activity strength, hasn't slept a whole evening in ten years, haunted by way of nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, continues to be in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district legal professional, attempting to make feel of the surprising sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the state, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the U.S. has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the following leader Justice of the superb courtroom. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there are not any skeletons in his closet.
- L'Homme aux cercles bleus (Commissaire Adamsberg)
- Blow Fly (Kay Scarpetta, Book 12)
- To Collar a Killer
- The Way of All Fish: A Novel
- Shallow Graves (John Pellam, Book 1)
Extra info for If I Should Die: A Novel of Suspense
A makeshift stone table had lost one leg and leaned awkwardly in one corner. A metal chair, old and rusted, rested on its side against a wood-reinforced dirt and rock wall. Two tunnels branched off the room—one narrow like the tunnel she’d come from; the other a bit wider with a metal track laid on the ground, disappearing into the dark beyond the scope of her light. An old mining cart with metal wheels sat at the end of the line. She couldn’t go farther into the mine without putting herself at great risk, as well as worry Sean while he was injured topside.
Lucy—” A deep, male voice said, “Sean, I have equipment in my truck to get both of you back up. ” It was useless to argue. How else was he going to get out of this pit? He just didn’t want Lucy to see him like this. But of course Lucy could handle it. She could handle anything life handed her. Even him in this condition. He just … hell, he didn’t know what he was thinking. The pain was making him stupid. He closed his eyes again. He thought he heard Lucy talking, but it was far away. “Sean? Hang tight.
I just can’t figure out why. I wasn’t raised in Spruce Lake. ” “He left five years ago, when he went to college. ” Five years was nothing for someone dead set on revenge. “We need to talk to him,” Lucy said. Tim turned off the road onto a two-lane highway. Two miles north was the main road into the town of Spruce Lake, but Tim turned south. ” When Tim turned onto the logging road, he slowed down as the truck bounced over rocks, branches, and potholes. Lucy spotted an ATV partly hidden in the trees, about twenty feet down from the logging entrance.