By Dick Francis
Fabulously prosperous gold dealer Malcolm Pembroke has in his ownership anything the full global wants-and an individual may perhaps kill for. in truth, even Malcolm's closest relatives are relocating in a bit too shut.
Read Online or Download Hot Money PDF
Best suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, the town that became its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the dying of a tender woman, she needs to stick with the twisting leads and tune the unusual info to be able to make the useless speak-and to bare the sorrowful fact that could be greater than even she will endure.
A farmhouse destroyed through fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader health worker and consulting pathologist for the federal legislations enforcement organisation ATF, is named out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed by means of hearth. within the ruins of the home she reveals a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The hearth has come even as one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric clinic. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't really, for Carrie has began to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, element of beginning is Patricia Cornwell at her such a lot impressive.
A mystery executive unit, a bunch of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide not anyone else can crack
Though haunted by means of the hot deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow is familiar with that the residing dedicate the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her arms filled with secret and bloodshed.
But one task calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a ancient mansion in New Orleans's French area, a senator's spouse falls to her dying. so much imagine she jumped; a few say she was once driven. And but others think she used to be beckoned via the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the location of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this probably unsolvable case, just one factor is bound: no matter if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will forged Jackson and Angela into possibility of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the other halves of numerous well-known businessmen have disappeared with no hint, abandoning just a black rose and a word with an easy message: "Gone, yet now not Forgotten. "
· a similar sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's element, long island, ten years ago--but the killer was once stuck, the case used to be closed and the precise "rose killer" activity strength was once disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has received nationwide acceptance as a feminist safety legal professional, is retained through multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's element Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" activity strength, hasn't slept a whole evening in ten years, haunted via nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, continues to be available in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district legal professional, attempting to make experience of the surprising sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the nation, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the us has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the subsequent leader Justice of the preferrred court docket. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there aren't any skeletons in his closet.
- Dead I Well May Be (Dead Trilogy, Book 1)
- Weep No More, My Lady
- The Black Box
- Bite: The Most Gripping Thriller You Will Ever Read
- All Dressed in White (Under Suspicion Series, Book 2)
Additional resources for Hot Money
De Sade turned. One of the smart suits stood there, the guy. “And you’d want to know because, why? ” The man smiled and produced his badge. “FBI Special Agent Davies, New York Field Office. ” De Sade knew he was on shaky ground if it came to a jurisdictional fight, serial killings often became the province of the FBI. Davies understood the situation too. ” That was encouraging, de Sade thought. So what did they really want? The second victim, Emily Johannsen had pointed them in the direction of a Russian connection.
Agent Ward mentioned it earlier. You’re suggesting that he signs his own signature to the murders, that’s quite a jump. Kind of like holding up his hand and saying ‘look, everybody, this is my handiwork’. It’s too pat, too easy. ” “Wait until you meet him, he’s an arrogant son of a bitch. He thinks he’s cleverer than all of us, he can do whatever he wants. Look at Dennis Rader, another arrogant SOB, he was undone by his arrogance. ” De Sade remembered the case. Rader couldn’t stand someone else taking his credit.
It also worked away some of the tension of the day. De Sade finished off with a hard twenty minutes on the treadmill and rinsed off the last of the day’s woes in an ice-cold shower. Then he settled in his armchair with a book and another Schneider Kristall beer. It was a book about chess, or rather about a chess player. It was time to beat Samuel Aaronssen at his own game, maybe Fischer had some tips for him. The book was entitled ‘Endgame, Bobby Fischer’s Remarkable Rise and Fall’. Supposedly it unlocked the mind of the chess wizard, what made the eccentric genius tick and more importantly, what his winning secrets were.