By Ian Fleming
While James Bond exposes the master-criminal Goldfinger as a cheat, he turns into entangled in a single of the most important heists to be perpetrated on American soil—the looting of citadel Knox's gold reserves. operating from the interior, Bond races opposed to the chances to touch his affiliate, ex-CIA agent Felix Leiter, and forestall Operation Grand Slam.
Goldfinger is the 7th name within the James Bond undercover agent sequence. It used to be tailored for a 1964 movie starring Sean Connery as James Bond.
Read or Download Goldfinger (James Bond Series, Book 7) PDF
Best suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, town that grew to become its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the demise of a tender lady, she needs to stick with the twisting leads and tune the unusual info that allows you to make the useless speak-and to bare the unhappy fact that could be greater than even she will be able to undergo.
A farmhouse destroyed by way of fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader health worker and consulting pathologist for the federal legislations enforcement organisation ATF, is named out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed by means of hearth. within the ruins of the home she unearths a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The fireplace has come whilst one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric clinic. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't, for Carrie has started to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, element of beginning is Patricia Cornwell at her so much outstanding.
A mystery executive unit, a bunch of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide not anyone else can crack
Though haunted via the hot deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow is familiar with that the dwelling dedicate the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her arms jam-packed with secret and bloodshed.
But one task calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a historical mansion in New Orleans's French zone, a senator's spouse falls to her demise. so much imagine she jumped; a few say she used to be driven. And but others think she used to be beckoned by way of the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the positioning of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this probably unsolvable case, just one factor is bound: no matter if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will solid Jackson and Angela into chance of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the better halves of numerous popular businessmen have disappeared with out a hint, abandoning just a black rose and a observe with an easy message: "Gone, yet now not Forgotten. "
· an analogous sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's element, manhattan, ten years ago--but the killer was once stuck, the case used to be closed and the designated "rose killer" activity strength was once disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has received nationwide acceptance as a feminist security lawyer, is retained via multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's element Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" job strength, hasn't slept a whole evening in ten years, haunted by way of nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, remains to be in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district legal professional, attempting to make experience of the surprising sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the state, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the U.S. has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the subsequent leader Justice of the excellent courtroom. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there aren't any skeletons in his closet.
- The Arc of the Swallow
- The Curse of Crow Hollow
- The Skates
- Il gioco di Ripper
- Personal Injuries (Kindle County, Book 5)
Extra resources for Goldfinger (James Bond Series, Book 7)
Not by the facts, but by his own instincts. Presumed Guilty 55 Logic, evidence, told him that Miranda Wood was the killer. Why did he have such a hard time believing it? The doubts had started a week ago, in that police station hallway. He’d watched the whole interrogation. He’d heard her denials, her lame explanations. He hadn’t been swayed. But when they’d come face-to-face in the hall, and she’d looked him straight in the eye, he’d felt the first stirrings of doubt. Would a murderess meet his gaze so unflinchingly?
His employees, for instance. ” “Yes. ” She let out a deep breath, as though relieved that the most painful part of her confession was finished. ” “I felt more…betrayed. ” “So for a month you walked around mad at Mr. ” “Sometimes. Mostly I felt stupid. And then he wouldn’t 38 Tess Gerritsen leave me alone. ” She looked up sharply. ” “No! ” She was sobbing now, screaming out her denials. The sound of her own voice echoed like some alien cry in that stark box of a room. She dropped her head into her hands and leaned forward on the table.
No more hysterics since that day at the police station. She looked cool and in control, which is how he’d always remembered her from their childhood. Evelyn the ice queen. “There’s the matter of the fingerprints,” said Tibbetts. ” asked Chase. ” “That’s the problem. The knife handle was wiped clean. Now, that doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Here’s this crime of passion, see? She uses her own knife. Pure impulse. ” “She must be brighter than you think,” Evelyn said, sniffing. ” asked Chase. “The suspect herself.