By Lisa Gardner
In no 1 New York Times bestseller Lisa Gardner's newest pulse-pounding mystery, Detective D. D. Warren needs to face a brand new worry as a serial killer terrorizes Boston.
My identify is Dr. Adeline Glen. because of a genetic situation, I can't suppose soreness. I by no means have. I by no means will.
The last item Boston Detective D. D. Warren recalls is strolling the crime scene after darkish. Then, a creaking floorboard, a low voice crooning in her ear... She is later advised she controlled to discharge her weapon thrice. All she understands is that she is heavily injured, not able to maneuver her left arm, not able to come to work.
My sister is Shana Day, a infamous assassin who first killed at fourteen. Incarcerated for thirty years, she has now murdered extra humans whereas in felony than she did as a loose woman.
Six weeks later, a moment lady is found murdered in her personal mattress, her room containing a similar calling playing cards from the 1st: a bottle of champagne and a unmarried purple rose. the single one who could have obvious the killer: Detective D. D. Warren, who nonetheless can't raise her baby, load her gun, or keep in mind a unmarried element from the evening which can have expense her everything.
Our father used to be Harry Day, an notorious serial killer who buried younger women underneath the ground of our domestic. He has been lifeless for 40 years. other than the Rose Killer understands issues approximately my father he shouldn't. My sister claims she will be able to support seize him. i believe simply because I can't think soreness doesn't suggest my kin can't damage me.
D.D. is probably not again at the activity, yet she is again at the hunt. as the Rose Killer isn't simply concentrating on lone girls, he's concentrating on D.D. And D.D. understands there's just one approach to take him down:
Read or Download Fear Nothing (Detective D. D. Warren, Book 7) PDF
Similar suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, town that became its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the demise of a tender woman, she needs to persist with the twisting leads and song the unusual info as a way to make the lifeless speak-and to bare the unhappy fact which may be greater than even she will be able to undergo.
A farmhouse destroyed through fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader medical expert and consulting pathologist for the federal legislation enforcement enterprise ATF, is named out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed through fireplace. within the ruins of the home she unearths a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The hearth has come whilst one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric health facility. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't really, for Carrie has all started to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, aspect of starting place is Patricia Cornwell at her such a lot wonderful.
A mystery executive unit, a gaggle of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide not anyone else can crack
Though haunted via the hot deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow is familiar with that the residing dedicate the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her fingers choked with secret and bloodshed.
But one project calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a historical mansion in New Orleans's French region, a senator's spouse falls to her demise. such a lot imagine she jumped; a few say she used to be driven. And but others think she was once beckoned by way of the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the location of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this probably unsolvable case, just one factor is bound: no matter if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will solid Jackson and Angela into risk of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the other halves of numerous well-liked businessmen have disappeared with out a hint, abandoning just a black rose and a notice with an easy message: "Gone, yet now not Forgotten. "
· a similar sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's element, long island, ten years ago--but the killer was once stuck, the case was once closed and the specific "rose killer" activity strength was once disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has won nationwide acceptance as a feminist protection legal professional, is retained by way of multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's aspect Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" activity strength, hasn't slept an entire evening in ten years, haunted by way of nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, remains to be in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district legal professional, attempting to make experience of the surprising sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the nation, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the us has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the subsequent leader Justice of the excellent court docket. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there are not any skeletons in his closet.
- A Tale for the Time Being
- The Scent of Rain and Lightning: A Novel
- The Lock Artist
- Midnight sun
- The Conspiracy Club
- W is for Wasted (Kinsey Millhone, Book 23)
Extra info for Fear Nothing (Detective D. D. Warren, Book 7)
Don't bet on it," one of his buddies called, laughing. The Babe Man good-naturedly gave him the finger then turned back to Sachs. Which is when her pager beeped and she looked down to see Lincoln Rhyme's number on the screen. The word "URGENT" appeared after it. "Gotta go," she said. " he asked, a fake pout on his handsome face. " She made a pistol with her index finger and thumb and aimed it at him. "Bang, bang," she said. And trotted toward her yellow Camaro. Chapter Three This is a school?
Okay, Officer," he said, "we'll write up our results and they'll be attached to your review. " Consulting his notebook. "Your threat assessment regarding civilians and officers was perfect. Calls for backup were timely and appropriate. Your deployment of personnel negated any chance the perpetrators would escape from the containment situation and yet minimized exposure. You called the illegal drug search right. And getting the personal information from the one suspect for the hostage negotiator was a nice touch.
He leaned closer to the woman, squinting, wondering if he could see some essence, some spirit rising from her body. He didn't. He straightened up, considering what else he might do to the still form in front of him. • • • You’re sure it was screaming? No," the security guard said. "Maybe not screaming, you know. Shouting. Upset. For just a second or two. " The heavy guard, breathing hard, glanced at the tall, brunette policewoman, shook his head and flexed and opened his huge hands. He wiped his dark palms on his blue slacks.