By Iris Johansen
A high-stakes treasure hunt...A twisted path of murder...A mystery one lady may perhaps die to discover...
Number one ny instances bestselling writer Iris Johansen final electrified readers with lifeless objective and nobody to belief. Now she deals a brand new pulse-pounding mystery that takes suspense writing to an all-new point: deep under the outside, the place a ruthless killer moves abruptly, with out mercy...and with the deadliest intent.
Melis Nemid is treading in harmful waters--and she's approximately to be dragged lower than. As a marine researcher, Melis understands all too good the hazards that could lurk less than even the calmest surfaces. yet now not even she will bet how deep the darkness runs. just one oceanographer ever got here with reference to learning the lethal secret that lies underneath the sea--and he turns out to have disappeared from the face of the earth. Now Melis is the final one that understands the reality. And a person is decided that the reality will die together with her. For what Melis understands concerning the deep-sea secret is barely a part of a nightmarish prior torn by means of violence. She proposal she had positioned that prior in the back of her whilst she arrived at her Caribbean island domestic to investigate dolphin habit.
But her peace--and her life--is approximately to be shattered through the coming of a savage killer. Someone--for purposes unknown even to Melis--is slicing a course of destruction and demise that leads on to her.Only one guy can shop her--a guy who claims to be a fellow oceanographer. he'll search to realize Melis's belief, getting with reference to her mystery and her lifestyles. yet what this enigmatic guy quite desires, Melis would possibly not realize until eventually it's too overdue. simply because whoever is after her is aware her nightmares in detail, and shortly she's going to be pressured to relive all of them once more. with the exception of the ultimate nightmare. the only she can't very likely live to tell the tale.
Read or Download Fatal Tide PDF
Best suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, town that became its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the loss of life of a tender lady, she needs to persist with the twisting leads and song the unusual information so that it will make the lifeless speak-and to bare the unhappy fact that could be greater than even she will undergo.
A farmhouse destroyed by means of fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader health worker and consulting pathologist for the federal legislation enforcement employer ATF, is termed out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed through hearth. within the ruins of the home she unearths a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The fireplace has come even as one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric clinic. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't really, for Carrie has began to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, aspect of beginning is Patricia Cornwell at her such a lot incredible.
A mystery govt unit, a gaggle of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide not anyone else can crack
Though haunted by way of the hot deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow is aware that the dwelling devote the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her palms choked with secret and bloodshed.
But one task calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a ancient mansion in New Orleans's French sector, a senator's spouse falls to her loss of life. such a lot imagine she jumped; a few say she used to be driven. And but others think she used to be beckoned by way of the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the positioning of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this doubtless unsolvable case, just one factor is bound: no matter if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will forged Jackson and Angela into risk of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the other halves of numerous well-liked businessmen have disappeared and not using a hint, forsaking just a black rose and a be aware with an easy message: "Gone, yet no longer Forgotten. "
· a similar sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's element, big apple, ten years ago--but the killer was once stuck, the case was once closed and the particular "rose killer" job strength used to be disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has received nationwide reputation as a feminist protection legal professional, is retained through multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's element Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" activity strength, hasn't slept a whole evening in ten years, haunted via nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, continues to be available in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district legal professional, attempting to make experience of the surprising sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the state, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the USA has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the following leader Justice of the perfect court docket. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there aren't any skeletons in his closet.
- Summer House with Swimming Pool
- Trace (Kay Scarpetta, Book 13)
- The Risk of Darkness
- Private: #1 Suspect (Private, Book 4)
Additional resources for Fatal Tide
Not by the facts, but by his own instincts. Presumed Guilty 55 Logic, evidence, told him that Miranda Wood was the killer. Why did he have such a hard time believing it? The doubts had started a week ago, in that police station hallway. He’d watched the whole interrogation. He’d heard her denials, her lame explanations. He hadn’t been swayed. But when they’d come face-to-face in the hall, and she’d looked him straight in the eye, he’d felt the first stirrings of doubt. Would a murderess meet his gaze so unflinchingly?
His employees, for instance. ” “Yes. ” She let out a deep breath, as though relieved that the most painful part of her confession was finished. ” “I felt more…betrayed. ” “So for a month you walked around mad at Mr. ” “Sometimes. Mostly I felt stupid. And then he wouldn’t 38 Tess Gerritsen leave me alone. ” She looked up sharply. ” “No! ” She was sobbing now, screaming out her denials. The sound of her own voice echoed like some alien cry in that stark box of a room. She dropped her head into her hands and leaned forward on the table.
No more hysterics since that day at the police station. She looked cool and in control, which is how he’d always remembered her from their childhood. Evelyn the ice queen. “There’s the matter of the fingerprints,” said Tibbetts. ” asked Chase. ” “That’s the problem. The knife handle was wiped clean. Now, that doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Here’s this crime of passion, see? She uses her own knife. Pure impulse. ” “She must be brighter than you think,” Evelyn said, sniffing. ” asked Chase. “The suspect herself.