By Jeff Lindsay
“Like a breath of unpolluted air blowing throughout all crime-novel conventions, there's Dexter.” —Time
Dexter Morgan isn't really your commonplace serial killer. He enjoys his day task as a blood spatter analyst for the Miami Police division . . . yet he lives for his evening pastime of looking different killers. Dexter is for this reason now not happy to find that somebody is shadowing him, observing him, and copying his tools. Dexter isn't really one to tolerate displeasure . . . in reality, he has a knack for extricating himself from difficulty in his personal enjoyable way.
Like the former 5 best-selling novels within the Dexter sequence, Double Dexter showcases the witty, macabre originality that has propelled Jeff Lindsay to overseas success. Double Dexter is raucously wonderful . . . jam-packed with shrewdpermanent suspense and darkish laughs.
Read or Download Double Dexter (Dexter, Book 6) PDF
Best suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, the town that grew to become its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the dying of a tender woman, she needs to stick to the twisting leads and music the unusual info in an effort to make the useless speak-and to bare the unhappy fact that could be greater than even she will endure.
A farmhouse destroyed by way of fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader health worker and consulting pathologist for the federal legislations enforcement organisation ATF, is named out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed by way of hearth. within the ruins of the home she reveals a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The hearth has come even as one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric health center. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't, for Carrie has started to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, element of foundation is Patricia Cornwell at her such a lot outstanding.
A mystery executive unit, a gaggle of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide nobody else can crack
Though haunted by means of the new deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow understands that the residing devote the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her fingers filled with secret and bloodshed.
But one project calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a ancient mansion in New Orleans's French sector, a senator's spouse falls to her dying. so much imagine she jumped; a few say she was once driven. And but others think she was once beckoned by means of the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the positioning of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this probably unsolvable case, just one factor is bound: no matter if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will solid Jackson and Angela into risk of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the better halves of numerous admired businessmen have disappeared with no hint, abandoning just a black rose and a be aware with an easy message: "Gone, yet now not Forgotten. "
· an analogous sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's element, manhattan, ten years ago--but the killer used to be stuck, the case used to be closed and the targeted "rose killer" job strength used to be disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has won nationwide acceptance as a feminist safety lawyer, is retained through multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's aspect Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" job strength, hasn't slept an entire evening in ten years, haunted by means of nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, remains to be in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district lawyer, attempting to make experience of the surprising sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the nation, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the USA has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the following leader Justice of the ultimate courtroom. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there are not any skeletons in his closet.
- The Lace Reader: A Novel
- 2 Bodies for the Price of 1 (Body Movers, Book 2)
- Shadow Pass (Inspector Pekkala, Book 2)
- The Fall: A Novel
- Power Play
Extra info for Double Dexter (Dexter, Book 6)
De Sade turned. One of the smart suits stood there, the guy. “And you’d want to know because, why? ” The man smiled and produced his badge. “FBI Special Agent Davies, New York Field Office. ” De Sade knew he was on shaky ground if it came to a jurisdictional fight, serial killings often became the province of the FBI. Davies understood the situation too. ” That was encouraging, de Sade thought. So what did they really want? The second victim, Emily Johannsen had pointed them in the direction of a Russian connection.
Agent Ward mentioned it earlier. You’re suggesting that he signs his own signature to the murders, that’s quite a jump. Kind of like holding up his hand and saying ‘look, everybody, this is my handiwork’. It’s too pat, too easy. ” “Wait until you meet him, he’s an arrogant son of a bitch. He thinks he’s cleverer than all of us, he can do whatever he wants. Look at Dennis Rader, another arrogant SOB, he was undone by his arrogance. ” De Sade remembered the case. Rader couldn’t stand someone else taking his credit.
It also worked away some of the tension of the day. De Sade finished off with a hard twenty minutes on the treadmill and rinsed off the last of the day’s woes in an ice-cold shower. Then he settled in his armchair with a book and another Schneider Kristall beer. It was a book about chess, or rather about a chess player. It was time to beat Samuel Aaronssen at his own game, maybe Fischer had some tips for him. The book was entitled ‘Endgame, Bobby Fischer’s Remarkable Rise and Fall’. Supposedly it unlocked the mind of the chess wizard, what made the eccentric genius tick and more importantly, what his winning secrets were.