By Ian Fleming
Lately recovered from tetrodotoxin poisoning, British undercover agent James Bond is shipped to Jamaica to probe the disappearance of Commander John Strangeways, the top of MI6's Station J. determining up Strangeways's research into the mysterious Dr. Julius No, Bond infiltrates No's closely-guarded island simply to find that the doctor's secrets and techniques are deeper and extra lethal than somebody had forseen.
Dr. No is the 6th name within the James Bond undercover agent sequence. It was once tailored for a 1962 movie starring Sean Connery as James Bond.
Read Online or Download Doctor No (James Bond Series, Book 6) PDF
Similar suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, the town that became its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the loss of life of a tender woman, she needs to stick with the twisting leads and song the unusual information that allows you to make the lifeless speak-and to bare the unhappy fact which may be greater than even she will be able to undergo.
A farmhouse destroyed by means of fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader health worker and consulting pathologist for the federal legislations enforcement organisation ATF, is named out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed through fireplace. within the ruins of the home she unearths a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The fireplace has come whilst one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric health facility. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't, for Carrie has all started to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, element of starting place is Patricia Cornwell at her so much amazing.
A mystery executive unit, a bunch of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide nobody else can crack
Though haunted via the new deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow is familiar with that the dwelling devote the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her fingers jam-packed with secret and bloodshed.
But one project calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a ancient mansion in New Orleans's French sector, a senator's spouse falls to her loss of life. such a lot imagine she jumped; a few say she used to be driven. And but others think she used to be beckoned by way of the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the location of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this possible unsolvable case, just one factor is bound: no matter if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will solid Jackson and Angela into hazard of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the other halves of numerous admired businessmen have disappeared with no hint, forsaking just a black rose and a observe with an easy message: "Gone, yet no longer Forgotten. "
· a similar sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's aspect, long island, ten years ago--but the killer was once stuck, the case used to be closed and the certain "rose killer" activity strength was once disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has won nationwide attractiveness as a feminist security lawyer, is retained by means of multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's element Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" job strength, hasn't slept a whole evening in ten years, haunted via nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, remains to be available in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district lawyer, attempting to make experience of the unexpected sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the kingdom, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the U.S. has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the subsequent leader Justice of the best court docket. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there are not any skeletons in his closet.
- Flesh & Bones
- Dead Sea (Richard Mariner)
- Heller 2012
- No Shred of Evidence (Inspector Ian Rutledge, Book 18)
Additional info for Doctor No (James Bond Series, Book 6)
Not by the facts, but by his own instincts. Presumed Guilty 55 Logic, evidence, told him that Miranda Wood was the killer. Why did he have such a hard time believing it? The doubts had started a week ago, in that police station hallway. He’d watched the whole interrogation. He’d heard her denials, her lame explanations. He hadn’t been swayed. But when they’d come face-to-face in the hall, and she’d looked him straight in the eye, he’d felt the first stirrings of doubt. Would a murderess meet his gaze so unflinchingly?
His employees, for instance. ” “Yes. ” She let out a deep breath, as though relieved that the most painful part of her confession was finished. ” “I felt more…betrayed. ” “So for a month you walked around mad at Mr. ” “Sometimes. Mostly I felt stupid. And then he wouldn’t 38 Tess Gerritsen leave me alone. ” She looked up sharply. ” “No! ” She was sobbing now, screaming out her denials. The sound of her own voice echoed like some alien cry in that stark box of a room. She dropped her head into her hands and leaned forward on the table.
No more hysterics since that day at the police station. She looked cool and in control, which is how he’d always remembered her from their childhood. Evelyn the ice queen. “There’s the matter of the fingerprints,” said Tibbetts. ” asked Chase. ” “That’s the problem. The knife handle was wiped clean. Now, that doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Here’s this crime of passion, see? She uses her own knife. Pure impulse. ” “She must be brighter than you think,” Evelyn said, sniffing. ” asked Chase. “The suspect herself.