By Moritani T., Ekholm S., Westesson P.-L.
Diffusion-weighted MR imaging is greatly authorised as a way to spot stroke, hence permitting quick and potent remedy. during the last 4 years, those professional authors have awarded over 30 indicates and clinical stories on diffusion-weighted imaging on the RSNA and the yankee Society of Neuroradiology (ASNR), and greater than 10 of those shows were well-known by means of particular awards. Diffusion-Weighted MR Imaging of the Brain’s chapters diversity from easy ideas to interpretation of diffusion-weighted MR imaging and particular affliction. it is a helpful reference for radiologists, neurologists, neurosurgeons in addition to citizens, fellows, radiology technologists.
Read or Download Diffusion-Weighted MR Imaging of the Brain PDF
Similar medicine books
Hemodynamics is the learn of dynamics within the circulatory procedure. Hemodynamics has been crucial in medical perform bearing on cardiovascular illnesses from historical days. even though it is key since it relies on dynamics and physics, the certainty of hemodynamics is tough for all these fascinated with cardiovascular illnesses.
This sequence offers a in actual fact established and complete evaluation of fracture remedies in accordance with the latest medical facts. each one publication within the sequence is geared up anatomically, so the physician can fast entry sensible features, examples, pearls and pitfalls. during this first quantity within the sequence, fractures of the proximal humerus are tested with an summary of fracture morphology, harm development, preoperative concerns, conservative therapy, surgical administration and postoperative care.
Esemplare in buone condizioni. Copertina e tagli con tracce di polvere. Pagine ingiallite.
- Get Through Medical School: 1000 SBAs/BOFs and EMQs: 1000 Single Best Answers and Extended Matching Questions (Get Through Series) of unknown , Una Coales, Khan, Seema Edition on 25 November 2002
- Talking with Children and Young People About Death and Dying by Mary Turner (1998-02-01)
- Doctors, Honour and the Law: Medical Ethics in Imperial Germany
- Basic Illustrated Wilderness First Aid (2nd Edition)
- Manual of Head and Neck Reconstruction Using Regional and Free Flaps
Additional resources for Diffusion-Weighted MR Imaging of the Brain
3) and myelin sheaths (intramyelinic edema) (Fig. 4) . 1 Energy Failure In ischemia or hypoxia, cytotoxic edema is mainly caused by energy failure . The insult initiates substrate depletion, which leads to a decrease in intracellular ATP used for oxidative phosphorylation, and a failure of the sodium–potassium pump. This will cause an inﬂux of sodium and calcium into the cells, subsequently increasing the osmotic gradient and the transport of water into the cells, resulting in cellular swelling.
Arbelaez A, Castillo M, Mukheri SK (1999) Diffusionweighted MR imaging of global cerebral anoxia. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 20:999–1007 18. Wolf RL, Zimmerman RA, Clancy R, et al. (2001) Quantitative apparent diffusion coefﬁcient measurements in term neonates for early detection of hypoxic-ischemic brain injury: initial experience. Radiology 218:825–833 19. Barzo P, Marmarou A, Fatouros P, et al. (1997) Contribution of vasogenic and cellular edema to traumatic brain swelling measured by diffusion-weighted imaging.
Schaefer PW, Grant PE, Gonzalez RG (2000) Diffusionweighted MR imaging of the brain. Radiology 217:331–345 8. Field A (2001) Diffusion and perfusion imaging. In: Elster AD, Burdette JH (eds). Questions and answers in magnetic resonance imaging. Mosby, St. Louis, Missouri pp 194–214 9. Maldjian JA, Listerud J, Moonis G, Siddiqi F (2001) Computing diffusion rates in T2-dark hematomas and areas of low T2 signal. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 22:112–128 10. Engelter ST, Provenzale JM, Petrella JR,Alberts MJ, DeLong DM, MacFall JR (2001) Use of exponential diffusion imaging to determine the age of ischemic infarcts.