By Stephen Coonts
Stephen Coonts' bestelling novels takes readers into the guts of harrowing, pulse-pounding motion, even if on land, on sea, or within the air. Now, this grasp of full-tilt, blockbuster suspense becomes a lush environment ninety miles from U.S. soil. In Cuba, Fidel Castro lies death. Human sharks are circling. And one guy has his finger at the set off of a weapon that would switch everything...
Admiral Jake Grafton is overseeing a cargo of nerve gasoline being transferred for a top-secret U.S. stockpile at Guantanamo Bay. yet an influence fight within Cuba has ignited an explosive plot and grew to become a awful new weapon at the U.S. Now, Jake needs to strap himself into the cockpit of a brand new new release of yank airplane and fly blind into the center of an island that's approximately to blow--and take the full global with it...
Read Online or Download Cuba (Jake Grafton, Book 7) PDF
Similar suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, town that grew to become its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the demise of a tender woman, she needs to keep on with the twisting leads and music the unusual info as a way to make the lifeless speak-and to bare the sorrowful fact that could be greater than even she will endure.
A farmhouse destroyed through fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader medical expert and consulting pathologist for the federal legislation enforcement enterprise ATF, is named out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed by means of hearth. within the ruins of the home she reveals a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The fireplace has come even as one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric health center. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't, for Carrie has started to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, aspect of foundation is Patricia Cornwell at her such a lot unbelievable.
A mystery executive unit, a gaggle of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide not anyone else can crack
Though haunted by means of the new deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow understands that the dwelling dedicate the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her palms choked with secret and bloodshed.
But one project calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a historical mansion in New Orleans's French area, a senator's spouse falls to her demise. so much imagine she jumped; a few say she was once driven. And but others think she was once beckoned by means of the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the positioning of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this doubtless unsolvable case, just one factor is sure: no matter if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will solid Jackson and Angela into threat of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the better halves of a number of renowned businessmen have disappeared with no hint, abandoning just a black rose and a word with an easy message: "Gone, yet no longer Forgotten. "
· a similar sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's element, long island, ten years ago--but the killer used to be stuck, the case was once closed and the specified "rose killer" job strength used to be disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has won nationwide attractiveness as a feminist security legal professional, is retained by means of multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's aspect Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" activity strength, hasn't slept an entire evening in ten years, haunted by means of nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, continues to be available in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district legal professional, attempting to make experience of the surprising sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the state, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the U.S. has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the subsequent leader Justice of the splendid court docket. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there are not any skeletons in his closet.
- Poison Town (The Crittendon Files, Book 2)
- Always Been Mine (The Moreno Brothers, Book 2)
- Shadow Woman
- The Weapon (Dan Lenson, Book 11)
- Taking Pity (DS Aector McAvoy, Book 4)
Additional info for Cuba (Jake Grafton, Book 7)
De Sade turned. One of the smart suits stood there, the guy. “And you’d want to know because, why? ” The man smiled and produced his badge. “FBI Special Agent Davies, New York Field Office. ” De Sade knew he was on shaky ground if it came to a jurisdictional fight, serial killings often became the province of the FBI. Davies understood the situation too. ” That was encouraging, de Sade thought. So what did they really want? The second victim, Emily Johannsen had pointed them in the direction of a Russian connection.
Agent Ward mentioned it earlier. You’re suggesting that he signs his own signature to the murders, that’s quite a jump. Kind of like holding up his hand and saying ‘look, everybody, this is my handiwork’. It’s too pat, too easy. ” “Wait until you meet him, he’s an arrogant son of a bitch. He thinks he’s cleverer than all of us, he can do whatever he wants. Look at Dennis Rader, another arrogant SOB, he was undone by his arrogance. ” De Sade remembered the case. Rader couldn’t stand someone else taking his credit.
It also worked away some of the tension of the day. De Sade finished off with a hard twenty minutes on the treadmill and rinsed off the last of the day’s woes in an ice-cold shower. Then he settled in his armchair with a book and another Schneider Kristall beer. It was a book about chess, or rather about a chess player. It was time to beat Samuel Aaronssen at his own game, maybe Fischer had some tips for him. The book was entitled ‘Endgame, Bobby Fischer’s Remarkable Rise and Fall’. Supposedly it unlocked the mind of the chess wizard, what made the eccentric genius tick and more importantly, what his winning secrets were.