By Wolfgang Jöchle, Donald Ross Lamond (auth.)
Read Online or Download Control of Reproductive Functions in Domestic Animals PDF
Similar animals books
Even though it didn't but exist as a discrete box of clinical inquiry, biology used to be on the center of the various most crucial debates in seventeenth-century philosophy. Nowhere is that this extra obvious than within the paintings of G. W. Leibniz. In Divine Machines , Justin Smith deals the 1st in-depth exam of Leibniz's deep and intricate engagement with the empirical lifestyles sciences of his day, in parts as assorted as drugs, body structure, taxonomy, iteration idea, and paleontology.
The electrical chair, is the focal point of a chilling novel set within the deep South in the course of the turbulent Nineteen Thirties, released in serial shape in per month installments. learn by means of Frank Muller.
Eye to Eye with Endangered Species is a superb sequence for the environmentally involved reader. every one ebook specializes in a species that's imminently at risk of turning into extinct. Readers find out about those extraordinary animals and their features thorugh attractive images and engaging evidence. details is given approximately hazards the animals face and the way they are often stored.
Know about subtraction with the San Diego Zoo's recognized child pandas in Panda Math Hua Mei used to be the 1st substantial panda cub born within the usa that survived quite a lot of days. She used to be born on the San Diego Zoo, and 4 years later her mom had one other child, Mei Sheng. Hua Mei and her brother, Mei Sheng, spend their days hiking on logs, lounging in timber, and consuming bamboo.
- Dinosaur Atlas: An Amazing Journey Through a Lost World
- The Monkey Wars, Edition: 1ST
- Foundations of Wildlife Diseases
- Birds of the World (DK Handbooks)
- Knitted Animals and Other Australian Wildlife : Milner Craft Series
Additional info for Control of Reproductive Functions in Domestic Animals
5. 31 Table 5. , 01 PRO ESTR. 2 01 PRO ESTR. 3 01 PRO ESTR. 4 AN PRO ESTR. MET -<- 01 5 AN PRO ESTR. to (1) and (2): Presently most widely of rising P levels. to (3): In this terminology, metestrus 10 (4): Terminology proposed forthe 10 (5): Terminology proposed for the C. I. formation Full c. I. P levels are functions: rising P peak levels 01 MET --E----------- -(------------- -+-~-- C. I. - PRO -+ PRO ~ PRO 01 +---- AN >- AN --+ PRO PRO used terminologies for large animals (and the cat). Metestrus is characterized here by the phase is identified as the period dominated by P (its rise, peak levels and decline).
In the equine, P levels reflect the peculiar mechanisms involved in the first two trimesters of gestation for P production. Waves of follicles are formed under the continuing 10-day-rhythm of FSH discharge. l. Between day 160 and 200 of gestation, all corpora lutea regress (fig. 22). P production is maintained at comparatively high levels for the duration of the PMSG surge. PMSG reaches peak levels around days 90 to 120, but disappears soon thereafter. Interestingly, in mares carrying mules, PMSG is produced in considerably smaller amounts and with a differing FSH: LH ratio, but without adverse effects on gestation (see fig.
Band 2, Leistung und Ernährung. W. Lenkeit, and K. Breirem, edit. p. 55-102. P. Parey, Berlin-Hamburg 1972. 25. Framework and background of mammalian sexual behaviour. , Handbook of Experimental PharmacoloQY, Val. XXII: Die Gestagene, Part 2, Chapter XIS, p. 680, Springer, Berlin 1969). Table 8 (A). Reproductive Data for Domestic Animals: Working averages (or ranges) are given, breeds and individuals may show Male CaUle Seef Age at puberty (months) 12-18 Usual age at first service (months) 18-24 Cohabitation: Male reactian time Approximate duration of intromissions 20 sec.