By Alistair MacLean, Hugh Miller
Whilst a tip-off is bought that militant non secular extremists are taking up the peaceable Vale of Kashmir, dealing in medications and weapons to fund their struggle, best brokers are despatched in to enquire. while the challenge appears to be like very unlikely, who do you name? UNACO.
The Vale of Kashmir in India, precariously stuck among Afghanistan, Pakistan and China, is without doubt one of the so much serenely attractive locations on earth--¦ and some of the most lethal. whilst Malcolm Philpott, head of UNACO, the United Nations--™ Anti-Crime association, gets a tip-off from a neighborhood priest that the peace of the valley is being threatened by way of militant spiritual extremists and the suspicion of a hugely prepared drug-trafficking ring, he sends in of his most sensible brokers, Mike Graham and Sabrina Carver, to enquire and query the priest further.
But the priest is brutally murdered sooner than they could arrive, and an ex-CIA-trained murderer, grew to become local, is the vital suspect. unexpectedly Mike and Sabrina needs to adopt the deadly venture of infiltrating the murderous drug convoys and bringing the extremists below regulate prior to the unstable state of affairs ignites and lovers into a global blood bathtub.
Read or Download Borrowed Time (Alistair MacLean's UNACO, Book 10) PDF
Best suspense books
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, the town that became its again on her 5 years in the past. Investigating the loss of life of a tender lady, she needs to stick with the twisting leads and tune the unusual info with a purpose to make the useless speak-and to bare the unhappy fact that could be greater than even she will undergo.
A farmhouse destroyed by way of fire
A physique among the ruins
Dr Kay Scarpetta, leader health worker and consulting pathologist for the federal legislation enforcement supplier ATF, is named out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed by way of hearth. within the ruins of the home she unearths a physique which tells a narrative of a violent and grisly murder.
The fireplace has come whilst one other much more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who approximately destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and people closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric health center. Her whereabouts is unknown, yet her final vacation spot isn't, for Carrie has all started to speak with Scarpetta, conveying her lethal - if cryptic - plans for revenge.
Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in constitution, aspect of beginning is Patricia Cornwell at her so much extraordinary.
A mystery executive unit, a gaggle of renegade paranormal investigators. .. and a homicide not anyone else can crack
Though haunted through the new deaths of 2 teammates, Jackson Crow is familiar with that the residing dedicate the main heinous crimes.
A police officer using her paranormal instinct, Angela Hawkins already has her palms choked with secret and bloodshed.
But one project calls to them too strongly to withstand. In a historical mansion in New Orleans's French zone, a senator's spouse falls to her dying. so much imagine she jumped; a few say she used to be driven. And but others think she was once beckoned through the ghostly spirits inhabiting the house--once the positioning of a serial killer's grisly work.
In this probably unsolvable case, just one factor is bound: even if supernatural or all too human, crimes of ardour will solid Jackson and Angela into threat of wasting their lives. .. and their immortal souls.
· In Portland, Oregon, the better halves of a number of well-liked businessmen have disappeared with no hint, abandoning just a black rose and a be aware with an easy message: "Gone, yet no longer Forgotten. "
· a similar sequence of disappearances happened in Hunter's aspect, ny, ten years ago--but the killer used to be stuck, the case was once closed and the detailed "rose killer" job strength used to be disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland spouse and mom who has won nationwide attractiveness as a feminist protection legal professional, is retained through multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius--for no obvious reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a murder detective for the Hunter's aspect Police division and an unique member of the "rose killer" activity strength, hasn't slept a whole evening in ten years, haunted through nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, remains to be available in the market. . .
· Alan web page, the Portland district lawyer, attempting to make feel of the surprising sequence of disappearances, opens his entrance door one night to discover Nancy Gordon on his doorstep--determined to inform him a narrative he won't quickly forget.
· around the kingdom, in Washington, D. C. , the President of the us has simply chosen usa Senator Raymond Colby to be the subsequent leader Justice of the best court docket. In a personal assembly, Colby assures the President there aren't any skeletons in his closet.
- Facing Justice (Henry Christie, Book 16)
- The Fire: A Novel
- The Other Side of Silence
- Brotherhood of the Tomb
- Dangerous Depths (Aloha Reef, Book 3)
- The Arc of the Swallow
Additional resources for Borrowed Time (Alistair MacLean's UNACO, Book 10)
De Sade turned. One of the smart suits stood there, the guy. “And you’d want to know because, why? ” The man smiled and produced his badge. “FBI Special Agent Davies, New York Field Office. ” De Sade knew he was on shaky ground if it came to a jurisdictional fight, serial killings often became the province of the FBI. Davies understood the situation too. ” That was encouraging, de Sade thought. So what did they really want? The second victim, Emily Johannsen had pointed them in the direction of a Russian connection.
Agent Ward mentioned it earlier. You’re suggesting that he signs his own signature to the murders, that’s quite a jump. Kind of like holding up his hand and saying ‘look, everybody, this is my handiwork’. It’s too pat, too easy. ” “Wait until you meet him, he’s an arrogant son of a bitch. He thinks he’s cleverer than all of us, he can do whatever he wants. Look at Dennis Rader, another arrogant SOB, he was undone by his arrogance. ” De Sade remembered the case. Rader couldn’t stand someone else taking his credit.
It also worked away some of the tension of the day. De Sade finished off with a hard twenty minutes on the treadmill and rinsed off the last of the day’s woes in an ice-cold shower. Then he settled in his armchair with a book and another Schneider Kristall beer. It was a book about chess, or rather about a chess player. It was time to beat Samuel Aaronssen at his own game, maybe Fischer had some tips for him. The book was entitled ‘Endgame, Bobby Fischer’s Remarkable Rise and Fall’. Supposedly it unlocked the mind of the chess wizard, what made the eccentric genius tick and more importantly, what his winning secrets were.