By R.H.F Manske, H.L. Holmes
Read or Download Alkaloids: Chemistry and Pharmacology, Volume 14 PDF
Best chemistry books
The 1st NATO technology discussion board used to be held in Biarritz in September 1990. This Taormina convention is the second one in a sequence that we want to be a protracted one and that i think that it has equalled the good fortune of its predecessor. In developing those conferences the NATO technology Committee desired to assemble prime specialists to study fields of robust current curiosity.
- Inorganic Membranes: Synthesis, Characterization and Applications, 1st Edition
- Fundamentals of Electrochemical Deposition (The ECS Series of Texts and Monograp
- 5 Steps to a 5 AP Chemistry, 2010-2011 Edition, Third Edition (5 Steps to a 5 on the Advanced Placement Examinations Series)
- Lehrbuch der Physiologie
- Renewable Resources for Functional Polymers and Biomaterials: Polysaccharides, Proteins and Polyesters (Polymer Chemistry Series)
- Zeolites-Type Crystal Structures and Their Chemistry
Additional info for Alkaloids: Chemistry and Pharmacology, Volume 14
16-Deoxybuxidienine-C (171) obtained from Buxus madagascarica subsp. xerophila, forma salicicola (79)) showed in its UV spectrum a trans conjugated diene. The PMR spectrum of 171 revealed signals of three tertiary and one secondary methyl 1. 43 STEROID ALKALOIDS groups, one dimethylamino and one methylamino grouping, as well as two protons of a methylene adjacent to primary hydroxy group and two olefinic protons. The mass spectrum confirmed the dimethylamino substitution a t C-20 and methylamino substitution a t C-3.
Cycloxobuxoxazine-C ( Baleabuxoxazine-C). Cycloxobuxoxazine-C (baleabuxoxazine-C) (168) was isolated from Buxus balearica (10, 89) 42 J. TOMKO AND z. VOTICK+ from the weaker bases by countercurrent distribution. The UV spectrum and circular dichroism curve resembled those of N-S-isobutyryl- 168 cycloxobuxine-F (169) (baleabuxine; cf. Vol. IX, p. 402) and N-3-iso(10). butyrylcycloxobuxidine-F (170) (N-3-isobutyrylbaleabuxidine-F) The PMR spectrum of cycloxobuxoxazine-C revealed singlets characteristic of three tertiary methyls, one doublet due to a secondary methyl, a singlet indicative of a dimethylamino group, and finally signals characteristic of an R-CH2-Oand >N-CH2-Ogrouping.
217) isolated from Veratrum plants are the representatives of the cevanine subgroup. Pritillaria alkaloids ( 1 ) and veramarine isolated from V . album subsp. lobelianum (53, 5 4 ) also have the cevanine skeleton. The latter differs from the former in having a lower oxygen content. 1. Veramarine The elucidation of the stereochemistry of veramarine [ (22S,25S)cev-5-enine-3/3,16a,20/3-triol)](79) was based primarily on interpretation of physicochemical measurements (IR and PMR spectroscopy) (55).